Patient Account Representative
Company: Physicians Clinic of Iowa, PC
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Physicians' Clinic of Iowa Central Business Office is seeking a
full time Patient Account Representative.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Answering patient account billing questions and posting patient
- Maintaining assigned accounts to within acceptable aging
- Review, verify, obtain and/or correct patient demographics,
insurance information and eligibility for coverage.
- Insurance claim follow up with government and commercial
carriers to ensure timely claim correction and reprocessing.
- Resolve issues delaying claim payment including requests for
medical records, procedure coding errors and incorrect claim
- Follow up on assigned accounts with insurance carriers to
ensure proper and timely reimbursement.
- Act as a liaison between the patient, physician's office and
insurance carrier to resolve claim payment issues.
- Identify consistent billing errors and reports recurring
problems to the PAR Supervisor.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Work as part of a team focused on exceptional patient
- A working knowledge of commercial and government medical
insurance claim filing procedures is required.
- Assist with payment posting as needed.
Applicants should possess strong communication and customer service
skills as well as a high level of comfort working with computers
and various software. Experience working patient medical accounts
is preferred and experience with medical software is a plus.
PCI is E.O.E. Pre-employment drug screen and background check
required. PCI is a tobacco free workplace.
Keywords: Physicians Clinic of Iowa, PC, Cedar Rapids , Patient Account Representative, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!