Company: Stryten Manufacturing
Posted on: November 22, 2021
$1,000* sign-on bonus for offers accepted through
12/1/2021!Janitor Needed In Manchester, Iowa at Styrten
ManufacturingMust perform all cleaning functions of building and
janitorial services to ensure hygienic and presentable locker
rooms, restrooms, break room, offices, and smoke shack. Such
coverage includes all plant and office janitorial needs, cleaning
respirators, cleaning floors, window washing, stripping and waxing
floors, trash disposal, cardboard disposal, becoming licensed to
operate the floor scrubber, laundering employee issued apparel for
which cleaning services are not utilized. Specific work areas and
specific duties will be assigned but these may be modified as
needed to ensure coverage needs are met.
- Starting pay $16.25--
- 1st shift ( 5a.m. - 1p.m.)
- flexible to work weekends if scheduled--Stryten Manufacturing
offers a strong benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans
- Short-term, long term disability and employee life
- Paid Time Off
- Paid HolidaysApply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin
your pre-screening process! Responsibilities
- Requires frequent standing with repetitious lifting of up to 50
lbs. with frequent bending and turning required. Must be able to
sit for up to 4 hours, while operating scrubber.
- May be required to manage inventory levels for some employee or
janitorial supplies such as soap, paper towels, employee shower
towels, etc. to ensure these products are always on hand.
- Must be able to understand and communicate in simple English to
receive training instruction and perform team
- Must be able to perform job duties with a minimum of direct
- Must follow safety and health procedures for the protection of
self and fellow workers.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals including lead, sulfuric
acid, solvents and other cleaning agents.
- Should have excellent attendance and must comply with the
company attendance policy and reporting procedures.
- Must adhere to plant policies and procedures depicted in the
employee handbook as well as conform to accepted general practices
- Pick up and bale cardboard and plastic as required.
- May perform painting, trash pick up outside, ladder/step stool
climbing, cleaning trenches and other duties as required.
- Operates sit down forklift as required to move material.
- Must maintain clean work area. Will perform daily house
cleaning task such as sweeping, mopping, washing, painting, empty
waste containers, etc.
- Will be required to cover shifts due to vacation or employee
absence. Must be able to work weekends as needed.Normal Operating
Procedures Include the Following:
- Operate power wet scrubber on all main aisles and all areas
accessible to scrubber. Using sweeping compound, hand sweep or
vacuum all areas which are not accessible to wet scrubber.
- Dispose of sweepings in proper disposal vessels. Pick up and
bale all used cardboard. Empty all trash bins and place trash into
compactor. Recycle office paper.--
- Clean all water fountains. Clean locker rooms, restrooms,
showers, toilets, break room, smoke shack, offices, and kitchenette
- Collects and disposes of hazardous waste in proper containers.
Perform job duties listed on daily check list.-- Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be able to
read, write, perform simple math--
- Training Requirements: forklift and floor scrubber license,
RCRA Training, Annual training.--
- Equipment: Small hand tools, washer, dryer, power scrubber,
buffer, mop, broom and other cleaning equipment as needed.
- Protective Equipment: Safety glasses with side shields or
goggles; hearing protection required in production areas;
respirator required while in certain areas or performing certain
tasks in production area and otherwise as needed; steel-toed shoes;
blue leather, blue hynit or white cotton gloves.
- Facilities/Working Environment: Will be exposed to extreme hot,
humid, and cold working conditions. Will be exposed to lead in the
form of dust, fumes, molten lead, flames, hot equipment, moving
equipment, and other hazards. EEO Statement Stryten Energy is an
equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
basis prohibited by law. About Statement Stryten Energy
(www.stryten.com) is an innovative stored energy solutions provider
with The Energy to Challenge the status quo in transportation,
motive and network power industries. We invest in and develop the
energy storage technologies that give our customers the competitive
advantage they need to be successful and achieve their goals for
growth and profitability.How do we challenge? We are
customer-focused, quality-centered and environmentally responsible
with the health and safety of our employees at the center of
everything we do.Our stored energy solutions power everything from
forklifts in warehouses and distribution centers to cars, trains
and trucks to data centers and vast telecom networks. In addition
to manufacturing high-quality advanced lead and lithium batteries
and intelligent chargers, we design cloud-based software for smart
fleet design decisions.
Keywords: Stryten Manufacturing, Cedar Rapids , Janitor, Other , Manchester, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!