Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 13, 2021
$21/hr, plus $1500 new hire bonus, see details below
- Conducting microbiological analysis of samples and preparation of
pure culture yeast for use in fermentations.
- Conducting tests including nitrogen, phosphorus, pH, color,
percentage of Buds, dry matters, sugar, Brix, following written
procedures, calculating results and recording in appropriate
- Conducting chemical and physical analysis of raw materials and
yeast, both in-process and finished product.
- Testing yeast for activity using Risograph.
- Follows written procedures to conduct tests on various types of
dough using different yeast lots or types.
- Maintaining equipment and general work area including the
following: cleaning and calibration of equipment, keeping records
of maintenance performed, ensuring equipment is working properly,
keeping work area clean and orderly.
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of lab equipment and
supplies including: analytical balance, centrifuge, mixer, drying
oven, pH meter, color meter, stir plate, labware, Risograph,
spectrophotometer, distillation unit, mineralization units, fume
hood, chemicals, incubator, water bath, thermometers, titrators,
YSI 2700D, LECO and Elementar.
- Prepares chemical solutions for processing area.
- Ensures that processing area is stocked with a supply of needed
solutions; prepares these solutions.
- Performs tests accurately and consistently, following procedures
and performing tests in the same way each day to provide accurate
- Completion of bi-annual proficiency tests.
Shift start: 12:00AM or 3:00PM or 7:00PM
Shift length: 8 hours
Monday - Friday, some weekends required, floating relief shift
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Associate Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or
related field required. Bachelor's degree or 2 years
chemistry-related lab experience preferred.
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 40 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
$1500 new hire incentive
Paid in installments, will be discussed during offer.
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre
designs manufactures and markets innovative solutions for baking,
food taste & pleasure, health care and biotechnology. The family
group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a
multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with
confidence to better nourish and protect the planet. In close
collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 9,500
people in more than 70 subsidiaries, based in about 40
Keywords: Lesaffre, Cedar Rapids , Lab Technician, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!