Remote Data Scientist II
Company: Brownells Incorporated
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Insight Global is seeking a Remote Data Scientist II to join the
Business Insights team of a top Retail client headquartered in the
Des Moines, Iowa area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for
assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and
data gathering techniques, developing custom data models and
algorithms to apply to data sets, as well as evaluating
effectiveness and profitability of programs and promotions.
Additional responsibilities may include;
- May examine statistical data to forecast future trends and
project market potential.
- Mine and analyze data from internal databases and external
sources to drive optimization and improvement of product
development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Use company A/B testing framework to test model quality
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer
experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify
opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business
- Interprets analytics and identifies implications of the data to
support marketing decisions to achieve strategic objectives
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models
and monitor outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model
performance and data accuracy.
- Experience with Geo Libraries, Geo Mapping
- Consumer Behavior or Retail Sales analysis, E-commerce
- Experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing
environment such as: Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft
- Experience with deployment tools such as Kubernetes, Docker,
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Bit Query
- Data visualization software, Azure Machine Learning studio,
Amazon EC2, Google Cloud
- Experience working with an ERP system Infor M3 would be a
- 2 years of experience in a Data Science role/related role WITH a
masters degree or 4 years of experience within a Data Science
role/related role WITH a Bachelors Degree
- At least 1 year of experience with an analysis tool suite
(Tableau, Incorta, or similar)
- At least 2 years of experience in a high-level data science
language (Python preferred)
- SQL scripting and database experience/ PostgreSQL moving to
Incorta for scripts deployment (Parka backend)
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- Project management, problem solving, strong communication,
ability to speak to business unit leaders, requirements gathering,
Keywords: Brownells Incorporated, Cedar Rapids , Remote Data Scientist II, Other , Grinnell, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!