$1,000 Sign On Bonus
OUR TEAM IS OUR BEST ASSET
About West Liberty Foods
West Liberty Foods manufactures hundreds of meat and poultry
products that can be found in well-known grocery stores and top
restaurant chains nationwide. We are The Surprisingly Big Company,
and we're right in your backyard.
Build your career with West Liberty Foods and be a part of an
exciting, collaborative team environment!
We are currently hiring for:
Job Title Maintenance Mechanic - Nights
Job Summary: The position for Maintenance Mechanic is
responsible for supporting production by maintaining operation of
machinery and mechanical equipment. Troubleshooting mechanical and
basic electrical systems in order to maintain and repair
Successful candidates will work in our food processing
production facility and enjoy competitive wages along with many
benefits including paid holidays, paid vacation, medical, dental,
vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401K, educational
assistance and much more.
- Complete daily preventative maintenance and daily tasks.
- Assist and become an active member of the HAZMAT team.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams and
technical repair manuals.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical breakdowns in a timely
- Apply knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety
precautions applicable to maintenance work.
- Operate lifts and material handling tools as needed.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment as
- Able to adapt to fast pace work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree or equivalent in a related field is
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in mechanical field in an
industrial or manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Must practice good personal hygiene.
- Ability to work in varying temperature conditions.
- Basic computer skills such as L2L.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools.
- Experience in food manufacturing or process is a plus.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to cover other days and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to climb ladders and do work on aerial work
platforms as needed.
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday for regular
schedule, 8+ hours per day.
- Must be able to work additional days as needed.
- Candidates must successfully pass post-offer/pre-employment
drug test, background screen and physical.
West Liberty Foods/Liberty Cold is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply
online on our career site.