2022 - Fall - Tax Associate - Private Client Services
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in
various industries. They develop strong working relationships with
clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges.
Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including
several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part.
Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our
associates perform at their best and integrate their career with
their personal life.
Examples of the candidate's responsibilities include:
- Working with high net worth families, closely held businesses,
estates, trusts and private foundations
- Developing strong working relationships with clients built on
understanding their needs and challenges
- Completing tax planning and research
- Preparing federal and state & local tax returns
- Developing a general understating of reporting requirements of
different entity structures and the compliance process
- Increasing involvement in developing cutting edge tax ideas
that could significantly lessen clients overall effective tax
- Leveraging tax knowledge and understanding of the tax
preparation process to bring work to completion for review
- Demonstrating awareness of differing levels of assurance as it
relates to tax positions taken through writing memoranda and other
written documentation on complex tax issues for business and
private tax clients
- Staying current on tax legislation relevant to Private Client
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited
- Accounting major
- Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have
access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of
transportation to those locations
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the
state where you are applying for employment
- Working toward the successful completion of the CPA exam - tax
associates have the opportunity to obtain the audit hours required
for full certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard
to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique
skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a
place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future
leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business
owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move
quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from
your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: RSM, Cedar Rapids , 2022 - Fall - Tax Associate - Private Client Services, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!