Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
Position Title: Team Coordinator
"I am inspired by knowing that I am part of a team that makes a
difference for a patients and family members."
- Deborah, Team Coordinator
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical
excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their
families facing the end of life. As a Team Coordinator, you work in
the middle of all the action that happens at the office while
supporting the entire Inter-disciplinary Team and coordinating the
clinical efforts for our patients. Our Team Coordinators are the
organization hub for the office and clinical team. We support
families during the end-of-life process and even after our patients
die. For many of our team members, this is more than a career -
it's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join
our team today as a Hospice Team Coordinator to positively impact
the experiences of our patients and families.
The Team Coordinator is responsible for the patient charts,
including establishing and creating the chart at admission and
maintaining documentation until the patient is discharged and the
chart is closed. As the Team Coordinator, you will facilitate the
flow of patient information to all members of the
Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT) in a timely manner.
- Record the referral intake data and newly-admitted patient
- Verify accuracy, legibility, and inclusion of all required time
- File documents accurately in corresponding patient chart and
thin charts as necessary
- Ensure proper documentation of changes in the level of
- Collect and assemble re-certification and de-certification
paperwork, and notify appropriate providers of a patient's
- Coordinate all communication with the members of the
- Assist with IDT activities, including agendas and updated plans
- Strong organizational skills required
- Effective communication skills over the phone and in person
with families, patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings
- Ability to maintain and protect confidentiality of
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree with two to
three years related experience in healthcare and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude
people or treat them differently because of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, or sex.