Patient Account RepresentativeFull- time / 40 hours per week8am
Come join our team! Crossing Rivers Health provides competitive
pay along with an excellent benefits package including medical,
dental, vision; life insurance, short term disability, generous
paid time off, a retirement plan w/company match, and more!
Our core values are practiced and exhibited throughout the
organization every day in our actions and in services provided.Joy
: Unity : Integrity : Compassion : Excellence
Under the guidance of the Revenue Cycle Director, the Patient
Account Representative is accountable for working closely with
patients in regards to self-pay balances both current and prior,
educating patients on their financial responsibilities and finding
a resolution. Primary Responsibilities include working with the
patients to resolve their balance, setting up payment plans for
patients, statement processing, working with collection agency on
collections accounts, verifying insurance benefits, and collecting
payments in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values
of Crossing Rivers Health. Delivers superior internal and external
customer service within Medical Center and Clinics.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assists with patient customer service, including supportive
listening, resolution and follow through, especially when related
to billing issues.
- Collections of self-pay balances, through statements, letters,
phone calls, follow up, etc.
- Processes statement, reviewing for accuracy prior to sending to
- Works with collection agencies on collection accounts,
transfers accounts to collections, and reconciles accounts
- Verifies insurance benefits.
- Collaborates with other departments (Registration, Patient
Family Services, HIM/Coding) to assist with prior authorization
- Works with uninsured patients to discuss coverage options and
Community Free Care application process.
- Maintains working knowledge of private, public and third party
insurance and related regulations.
- Assists with providing estimates to patients prior to services
- Provides support to other Business Administration staff.
- Answers patient phone calls and meets with patients in person
regarding billing questions.
- Keeps accurate documentation and notes.
- Accepts patient payment, posts to patient accounts, and
maintains an accurate cash drawer.
- Helps implement initiative to improve patient
- Updates EMR forms and paper forms as needed.
- Scan documents to patient accounts/records.
- Assists with follow through on Workers Compensation and Third
Party Liability accounts.
- Assists with account resolutions, works closely with Business
Administration staff to ensure accurate billing of patient
- Promotes a culture that enhances customer service, patient
safety and employee enrichment.
- Problem-solves and addresses issues raised by employees and
patients in a timely manner.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Communication - The ability to get one's ideas across to others
through oral or written means and to understand the ideas of others
through effective listening.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of
values and accepted standards.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as
credible in the workplace.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal
proactively with work-related problems.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good
relations with other.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each
essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
Preferred, Field of Study: Health Related field
Experience: 2 years of experience in customer service related
Minimum of 1 year of medical office experience preferred
EPIC EHR experience preferred
Computer Skills: Proficient in basic computer programs