Manager Business Intelligence
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As the Manager of Business Intelligence, you will facilitate and
manage activities within the BI department concerning the ongoing
development of technical architecture processes and deliverables,
contribute to the overall strategic technical vision for the
Business Intelligence team, as well as operate with considerable
latitude to deliver a robust data architecture that meets the
strategic goals of the business.
- Actively lead the BI Developers and Analysts to develop
opportunity assessments, gather requirements, design solutions,
develop and implement process and/or technology improvements as
well as build prototypes, train users, and ensure that projects are
completed by the BI team.
- Define BI strategy/processes for operations, technical
architecture, hardware requirements, network requirements, server
configurations and client configurations.
- Provide leadership and direction for the architecture team to
develop and maintain relevant architecture processes and
- Establish relationships with key business constituencies and
serve as an advocate for BI deliverables across multiple
departments and serve as a liaison between business and other
- Coach, mentor and train team members to establish a consistent
level of quality, accuracy, accountability, and compliance of
- Able to work closely with architects and business users to
understand information requirements, model business concepts, and
implement data structures and reporting tools and solutions..
- Provide leadership for other BI managers concerning the ongoing
evolution of BI's software platforms and tools.
- Effectively develop and manage team resources in accordance
with departmental goals/objectives, and within budget.
- Provide assistance on vendor analysis, selection and review
- Identify and monitor ongoing staffing needs to meet department
- Master's degree in Computer Science; or Bachelor's degree plus
2 years equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in full Microsoft BI Stack
(SSIS,SSRS,SSAS) and visualization platforms (Tableau and
- Experience managing Enterprise Data Warehouse environments,
including experience with database design, modeling, administration
- Experience leading and delivering full-cycle implementation
projects related to Business Intelligence with software
applications such as Microsoft SQL Server and IBM Cognos.
- Experience in developing ETL processes for Data Warehouses/Data
- Ability to train and mentor staff in the use of Data Warehouse
and Business Intelligence systems.
- Demonstrated track record of working directly with business and
technical audiences alike.
- Experience utilizing Kimball method of Data Warehousing. Data
modeling experience is a plus. Insurance Industry experience
preferred. Working knowledge of multiple IT platforms. Ability to
anticipate future needs and challenges. Has organizational and
prioritization skills, effective judgment, and can make timely
decisions with appropriate information. Has a strong relationship
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a
good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant
to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay
Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful
Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful
candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from
Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not
necessarily receive the same compensation.
The salary for this position generally ranges between $103,000
and $120,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential
employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations
permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated
amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule
This position is also typically eligible for an annual bonus
based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at
Company Discretion at a rate of 17.5%.
What You Receive
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It's our passion to
empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their
lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account
balance and a healthy body to match. As you'll come to discover,
Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company
sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness
Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance,
Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care
Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts
Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity
Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value
differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals
and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work
Keywords: Aegon, Cedar Rapids , Manager Business Intelligence, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!