At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to
innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and
cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and
long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we
help build the capabilities needed for a more productive,
sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful
interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is
to be the most trusted partner for the world's most critical
network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing
demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability,
faster speeds, and lower costs.
Job Position Description:
IP Principal Consulting Engineer - This position is part of the
Regional Business Centre (RBC), working closely with the Business
Development team, sales teams, IP product management teams and IP
products marketing teams to help effectively capture IP products
revenue in the Americas. The candidate will be required to be
responsive to the needs of our customers and their sales teams,
have knowledge of the sales process, be completely self-motivated
and be able to operate in an independent manner with minimal
supervision. The candidate will often be in the position to drive
required next steps toward technical acceptance of NOKIA solutions
with customers directly or via the systems engineering teams.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Work closely with the sales teams (sales executives, sales
managers, sales engineers) to position IP products within the
account. Coach the sales team on identifying and driving IP
business to closure. NOKIA being a large, diverse company,
candidate's interface on the sales team may not be an IP expert and
coaching by the IP Consulting Engineer is required.
- Candidate must be extremely flexible, often juggling multiple
opportunities and different accounts with conflicting
- Once an opportunity is identified, the Consulting Engineer is
responsible for developing a technical acceptance strategy based on
NOKIA best practices and product differentiators.
- Candidate must be able to meet with influential customer
decision-makers and communicate verbally or via presentation tools
the exact details of NOKIA's IP product capabilities and the
specific solutions being offered to customer.
- Candidate must develop technical material, such as white papers
and PowerPoint presentations to convince customer that our product
and delivery capabilities are their best option for success.
- Candidate must be familiar with network programming tools, and
concepts, as well as scripting language to provide proof of
concepts with the tools that are available on NOKIA platforms.
- Candidate must be able to document network designs and
recommendations using presentation tools, like PowerPoint and
design tools, like Visio.
- Candidate must be prepared to feed accurate product development
feedback into product line management based on current and
anticipated customer requirements.
- Candidate must conduct sales effort with maximum integrity,
ensuring that product capabilities are accurately represented to
customer and that NOKIA can deliver proposed solutions in the
- Candidate will work jointly with many other departments and
groups within NOKIA to develop interworking end-to-end
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Four-year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related
technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent English skills
- 7+ years of relevant networking & security expertise
- Thorough understanding of networking and security
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud/Networking/Security (DDOS)
- BGP, Netflow, DNS, telemetry, Netconf/Yang/SNMP skills
- Desirable BNG, Packet Core skills
- Desirable team leader skills
- Building strong relationships with customers to advance
- Listening and communicating strong written and oral
communication skills are essential
- Using Linux/UNIX operating systems at a user or admin
- Being a self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up
- Contributing remotely to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse
- Minimum 7+ years of experience as a customer-facing systems
engineer (or consulting systems engineer, technical marketing
engineer, etc.) in an IP-focused (IP routing & Ethernet switching)
role or demonstrated equivalence.
- Candidate must have a deep understanding, hands-on, testing and
deployment of the following technologies:
- IP Headers and per-hop standard forwarding behaviors
- Advanced routing protocols configuration, design and
o Multiprotocol BGP
o OSPFv2, OSPFv3 and IS-IS, IS-ISv6
o MPLS (LDP and RSVP) and Segment Routing (MPLS and IPv6 data
- Ethernet switching and L2 technologies:
o Standard loop avoidance mechanism
o EVPN and its variants implementation
- Deep understanding on Telemetry, Yang models (proprietary and
- Product development
- The candidate must be able to write a "Feature Request
Documents" describing in detail all the software and hardware
- Deep knowledge to challenge the Product Line Managers and
Engineering Department (R&D) on how all the features will be
impacting the HW and SW needed.
- Deep Hardware understanding, from physical ports to how each
- Must be on top of standardization entities like IETF, where
she/he will contribute to draft and RFC in the industry
- Detailed hands-on to demonstrate all the features needed for
- Drive all the interoperability testing across multiple vendors
where Nokia is the challenger and needs to integrate with actual
- Must be able to quickly and easily master new technologies and
evolving standards in various customer business disciplines
(Residential IP, Wireless Carrier IP, Business Services IP, etc.)
Must have experience working with product development requirements
and IP product lifecycle issues.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills for
internal communication. Must have excellent customer communication
etiquette and presentation skills. Must be comfortable being an IP
products "expert" within NOKIA and driving other departments and
sales teams toward most effectively realizing IP products
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the
world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's
lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing
challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made
regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national
origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental
disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or
military status, or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia
culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create
technology that helps the world act together.