Description of Position:
Provide a "snapshot" or the principal purpose or focus of the
position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This
summary should provide enough information to differentiate the
major function and activities of the position from those of other
Daily cleaning and filling supplies in patient rooms, nurses
stations, lounges, bathrooms, offices, isolation cleaning of
patient rooms, discharge cleaning of patient rooms, and project
work as assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the
Environmental Services Department and in accordance with hospital
Will use cleaning devices including housekeeper cart, germicidal
disinfectant chemicals, high dusters, microfiber mops, ladders,
vacuum, mini extractor, Xenex robot and other necessary equipment
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are
essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less
than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without
giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not
include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties
should be action oriented and avoid vague or general
% of Time
- The associate is aware of hospital and department compliance
for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and
Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or
concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of
department or hospital administrative staff.
- Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical
manner in support of the hospital's commitment to ethical behavior
in all areas of personal and professional activity.
- Successfully completes hospital-wide orientation, annual
hospital competencies and department/unit specific
- For the safety of our patients and co-workers, St. Luke's
Hospital requires seasonal and job related vaccinations. This is
reviewed regularly during periodic health assessments.
- Promote the philosophy, programs and initiatives of St. Luke's
Hospital and the Environmental Services Department.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, patients
and staff in a positive, professional manner which promotes St.
- Performs cleaning function in assigned areas following
established schedule and using prescribed methods.
- Assist in cleaning of emergency spill observed or upon
- Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and have repairs
made as needed.
- Observe and report the need for repairs to equipment,
furniture, building and fixtures.
- In case of emergencies perform duties as assigned.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of
Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with
regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications
required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and
other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements
within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance
requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g.
Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any
questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate
attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate
action on concerns reported by department staff related to
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health's values in the
performance of job duties and responsibilities
- Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable
- Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and
- Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and
Own The Moment:
- Connect with each person treating them with courtesy,
compassion, empathy and respect
- Enthusiastically engage in our work.
- Accountable for our individual actions and our team
- Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
- Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
- Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
- Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and
celebrating our successes.
- Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
- Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our
- Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the
essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Reading, writing and mathematical skills at level normally
acquired through completion of high schools or equivalent
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Previous experience in a housekeeper related position
preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to work well with all customers, especially
- Demonstrate a cooperative, courteous and dependable work
- Possess high integrity and retain confidentiality at all
- Serves customers of all ages and should demonstrate
understanding of the various expected changes throughout the life
span to better serve customers and support staff in appropriate