Director of Athletic Training
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 5, 2021
A quality athletic program at any higher education institution
requires athletic trainers who do not care about winning as much as
they do about student athletes performing at their peak in their
sport while remaining healthy and academically sound.
Our client is looking for this type of leader to join their
athletic department as the next Director of Athletic
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO AS THE DIRECTOR OF ATHLETIC
You will conduct and manage all healthcare responsibilities of
Athletic Training Services, including prevention, examination, and
rehabilitation of athletic-related injuries to school athletes
within the spirit, policies, and rules of the institution, the
athletic conference, and the NCAA that will further the fitness,
wellness, personal, social, and academic development of the student
athletes. Specifically, you will:
- Direct the medical care for the school’s 26 varsity teams using
best practices and in the best interests of the student-athletes’
health and safety.
- Serve as the NCAA Healthcare Administrator Designee and all
assignments and reporting required.
- Oversee and collaborate with the athletic training staff to
provide medical coverage to NCAA and Non-NCAA varsity teams.
- Collaborate with Director of Medical Services/Team Physicians
and other affiliated healthcare professionals in providing and
directing medical care for athletes.
- Provide on-site practice and home event coverage for assigned
intercollegiate athletic teams, both during season and
- Travel to away contests with assigned teams as contests
- Manage training facilities operations- cleaning/disease
prevention, organizing equipment, assessing inventory, and ensuring
safety of medical equipment.
- Manage the assigned athletic training operating budget and
- Maintain and collect medical documentation of injuries/illness,
pre-season medical forms, and develop end of the season
- Review and update policies and procedures of Athletic Training
Services in order to follow medical bylaws, standards, and
guidelines of NCAA.
- Coordinate baseline and post-injury ImPACT concussion testing
for assigned intercollegiate teams.
- Communicate with the strength and conditioning staff and team
coaches the student athletes’ injury details and participation
- Supervise work-study students assigned to the Athletic Training
Facility, including potential Pre-PT/Pre-AT students assigned to
the work in the facility.
- Coordinate the collection and review of all student-athletes’
pre-participation examination (PPE), medical history, proof of
health insurance, and annual medical forms/policies related to
medical clearance for participation in athletics.
- Adhere to the NCAA rules, and use guidance of the NCAA Sports
Medicine Handbook recommendations for establishing medical
- Attend conference athletic trainer meetings representing the
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL
- FREE TUITION for you and your children at their choice of 14
- 50% TUITION REDUCTION for your spouse
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, flexible
- TIAA retirement
- Paid holidays, and paid shutdown for two weeks over the holiday
- Use of athletic facilities at no cost, including fitness
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO BE
- Master’s degree required.
- Previous experience in Athletic Training management.
- National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
- The ability to obtain State of Iowa Licensure through
Department of Public Health.
- Successful completion of a background and driver check.
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
Our client is committed to fostering a multicultural environment
and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill
that goal. They value the input of multiple viewpoints and
diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that
is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Our
client is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Cedar Rapids , Director of Athletic Training, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!