R20034372 - Retirement Compliance Consultant
Company: TransAmerica Life Insurance Company
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description Summary
Handles the preparation and mailing of required IRS Form 5500
and applicable schedules and/or annual and mid-year compliance
tests for an assigned caseload.
Form 5500 functions:
- Analyze and research data to ensure proper completion of Form
5500 and applicable schedules.
- Prepare forms following set deadlines and quality
- Provide communications and auditing packages to auditors and
clients according to IRS regulations.
- Answer applicable questions from auditors and clients, and
assist clients with e-filing of 5500 forms and attachments.
Compliance testing functions:
- Analyze and research census data provided by the client in
preparation for compliance testing.
- Determine appropriate tests needed per plan based on specific
- Perform compliance testing (ADP/ACP, 401(a)(4), 410(b),
Benefits, Rights & Features, Top Heavy), calculations of employer
match and nonelective contributions, and applicable refunds.
Monitor 402(g) and 415 limits and handle corrective measures.
- Resolve plan operational errors discovered during test
- Review plan documents and understand the impact to the
- Under applicable guidance, assist clients with 5500 processes
and/or compliance testing and overall compliance with the
- Evaluate alternative solutions and consult with other team
members/manage for resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or business, or equivalent work
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work within assigned caseload.
- Proficiency using MS Office.
- Knowledge of testing and 5500 software.
Keywords: TransAmerica Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids , R20034372 - Retirement Compliance Consultant, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!