Supported Community Living Worker
Company: Consumer Choices
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: April 10, 2021
This post is for those who want to make a difference in the life
of someone with a disability. A 40 year old Mount Mercy Alumni (BA
Social Work at Mt. Mercy, MSW at U of I) and mother of a 15 year
old son is in need of assistance with supervision and other tasks
of living in her home and the community. If you like long walks or
other exercise, time outside or in the community, coffee,
conversation or even the opportunity to bring your dog to work
everyday, this might be for you. This job does not require physical
cares like changing briefs, lifts, or transfers. Days, Evenings,
Overnight, and weekend, and (on-call or as needed) hours are
available. As a Caregiver you will provide support that provides
maximum independence by:
- Providing guidance and supervision necessary to ensure safe
environmental supports in the home and community with daily life
activities including but not limited to meals, social skills,
exercise and fitness, hygiene, advocacy, mood, community
involvement, household tasks, shopping, and recreation.
- Doing other tasks as assigned
- Using your vehicle to transport for appointments, shopping, run
errands, and to get to other places in the community. As a one on
one caregiver, you must:
- Come to work every day with a positive attitude, refreshed and
willing to give 100% while on the job.
- Be able to think critically and independently. You must be
self-driven and know how to act appropriately with limited
- Be able to acclimate to changes in routine or schedule to help
with the client and your co-workers.
- Be respectful.
- Keep non-work cell phone and internet use to a minimum when
- Respect client and family choice and their privacy in all that
- You must have a car or other suitable method of
- You must have a great deal of patience in working with people
with disabilities, specifically, memory impairments.
- You may be asked to assist her with daily living such as
household tasks, shopping, and other tasks as assigned.
- Some college work or a degree in social work, nursing, physical
therapy or any other work experience, but if you have the right
attitude and are willing to learn, you can be taught to do
everything this position entails and the lack of a degree or
college coursework will not impede your ability to be hired.
- Some caregiving experience preferred. Must be 18 years of age
- Valid License and a Registered, Insured Vehicle
- Must successfully pass State of Iowa background check and
related paperwork/verification process Your help is part of a care
plan requiring 24/7 supervision and requires your full attention
when on the clock. Pay is currently $19.62/hour and the
appreciation that comes with being a difference maker. Sorry, there
are no benefits. Hours range from 10 to 40 hours week.
Keywords: Consumer Choices, Cedar Rapids , Supported Community Living Worker, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!