Structural Concrete Foreman
Company: Boomerang Corp
Posted on: February 21, 2021
The Structural Concrete Foremen position directly supervises
employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. The position is responsible for supervising a crew of
operators in the concrete and cast in place structures by
performing the following duties.Essential FunctionsReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Direct tasks include use of layout equipment and
erecting/constructing forms, tying rebar, and finishing
- Read and interpret detailed civil plans and paving hubs, set
string line, set forms and grade.
- Direct crew in carpentry and concrete finishing tasks.
- Ensure crew maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and
equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of 6 or more craft
workers and prioritizes work.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains crew members to
complete projects within established guidelines and time frames; on
time and under budget.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and
applies necessary timelines.
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in
road, site, or highway construction and excavation.
- Monitors quality control of work in place by operators.
- Implement better methods of production in all aspects of your
- Assist in schedule development and effectively budget time to
adhere to schedule.
- Identifying potential change orders.
- Monitor labor reporting, job cost reviews and prepare two week
- Efficiently communicates with the Project Manager any delays,
and/or emergencies at the job site; works with PM to resolve issues
to comply with budget and schedule.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on
assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or
needed repairs should be reported to the shop foreman; cleans
- Conduct jobsite orientation and train and mentor new
- Instruct and train employees and ensure the safety of the
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety
procedures; brings problems to the attention of the project
manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and
procedures, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal
agencies and company safety programs.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and
- Conduct weekly safety meetings, and attend cost/job
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru
electronic reporting; significant project facts, events, and
conditions must be reported.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public
and company personal.Competencies
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Resolution
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Staff Management
- Employee Development
- Decision Making & Judgement.
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position directly supervises up to 6
or more craft workers.Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties
of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The
employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions
at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment
and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving
mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement
weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and
asphalt.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.The
employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or
move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.Position Type/Expected Hours
of WorkThis is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 7:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be
required as job duties demand.TravelTravel is primarily local
during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight
travel may be expected.Required Education and Experience
- Valid driver's license.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in construction concrete set
up and finishing
- Proficient at reading blue prints
- Proficient in one or more relevant craft areas
- Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate
- Ability to compute basic numbers, read scales and use simple
- Ability to work well under pressure and within project
timelines.Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry.Other DutiesPlease note
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.PM20 PI130481023
Keywords: Boomerang Corp, Cedar Rapids , Structural Concrete Foreman, Other , Anamosa, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!