Company: Agemark Senior Living
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Cedar Rapids CountryHouse LLC -
Cedar Rapids, IAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High
SchoolSalary Range $14.50 - $15.50 HourlyTravel Percentage NoneJob
Shift EveningJob Category Health CareDescription We are an Agemark
Senior Living community, ranked #10 with Great Places to Work. In
this Med Aide position, you'll be responsible for providing
medication to residents and following procedures and statutes
regarding dispensing medication, recording and observing for side
effects. You'll be working with the elderly and helping to oversee
nursing services. Full time Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, profit
sharing bonus, PTO accrued on day one, tuition reimbursement and
free meals are what Agemark offers as we value you as an employee
and treat you like family! We also subscribe to www.benefithub.com
where you can get 20-60% off 100,000 items such as tickets,
restaurants, sporting events, and local deals. Work to create an
environment you would want for YOUR own loved one!
We're more than a company. We're a family.
You hear it everywhere - companies describing themselves as a
family. But families are all different, and so is the way they look
at work and life. This is what makes us the best kind of family.
---We recognize each person's talents, skills and personality and
bring that into their position. We encourage people to become the
best they can be and hold them to high standards. That's because we
believe in them, and their success. These family ties, so to speak,
are part of every decision we make as a company. We don't just work
together - we laugh, eat and learn together as a staff and with our
residents! We believe that every day can be a good one, for both
employees and residents. Dedicated to this philosophy for more than
30 years, we've learned that the secret to everything - working,
celebrating and even getting through the tough stuff - is doing it
By working to create the kind of community we would want for our
own loved ones, where warmth, love and respect are abundant, we
also create a unique, positive and caring workplace. Feeling
valuable, special and loved isn't just a goal for our residents.
It's how we want everyone to experience our community.
Med Aide position details
- Provide medications for another person according to the Five
- Record medication provision.
- Observe, monitor, report, and otherwise take appropriate
actions regarding desired side effects, interactions and
contraindications associated with the medication.
- Dispense oral, including sublingual, buccal, oral sprays,
inhalation, including inhalers, nebulizers and oxygen inhalation,
topical application of sprays, creams, ointments, lotions and
patches, instillation by drops, ointments, or sprays into the eyes,
ears, and nose.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living as outlined in
the resident service plan and within the parameters of State and
- Display willingness to be instructed regarding agency policy
and procedures for medication administration, and evaluated
regarding routine medication administration, PRN medication
administration, and additional activities by a licensed health care
- Timely reporting to the licensed health care professional with
any questions about resident's medication or health
Med Aide knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements
- Knowledge of medication, dosage and terminology.
- Proven track record of integrity along with being detailed and
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving
- Proficient computer skills.
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to residents, prospective
residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Work independently and/or interact with team members at all
levels and promote teamwork.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast
paced, service oriented, environment.
- 40 hour medication course or higher education required. Passed
Medication Tech Test.
- Listed on Medication Tech Registry.
- Minimum of 1 year working in health care environment
Competency assessment of Medication Aide must be conducted by a
licensed health care professional in the following areas:
- Understand the resident's right to privacy regarding health
status, diagnosis, and medication therapy.
- Awareness of resident to make informed decision about
medications, to refuse medications, and at no time to be forced to
take medications. If a resident is unable to make informed
decisions about medication, recognize the requirement to seek
advice and consultation of the caretaker or licensed heath care
professional providing direction to and monitoring of the Mediation
- Pursue acceptable standards of hygiene and infection control,
including hand washing along with storage and handling of
medications, expiration dates and disposal of medications.
- Mindful of conditions that medications may be unsafe to
provide: Change in consistency of color, unlabeled medications,
illegible medication label, or expired medications.
- Accurately document medication name, dose, route, time or
- Provide correct mediation, dose, time, resident, and route with
- Administer medications according to special needs based on
resident's age and ability to swallow and/or cooperate.
- Recognize general conditions that may indicate an adverse
reaction to medication; recognize general changes in resident's
condition which may indicate inability to receive medication; and
report such conditions or changes to licensed health care
- Communicate to appropriate authorities if reasonable cause
exists to believe that a vulnerable adult/child has been subjected
to abuse or neglect, or conditions or circumstances which would
result in abuse or neglect.
- Cognizant of the resident's property rights and physical
Come on, join the family! Care, serve and love - because there's no
other way to take care of family.
If you'd like to join a group of passionate, caring people who use
our collective experiences to positively impact the lives of our
people every day, talk to us! Together, we're working to redefine
what senior care should be. Learn more at www.agemark.com, or just
click "Apply Now" to get started. EOE.
Keywords: Agemark Senior Living, Cedar Rapids , Med Aide, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!