Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Delhi, IowaJob DescriptionCOMPANY OVERVIEW For the builders and
protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and
reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley
Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can
trust to get the job done and we have since 1843. Our commitment to
quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to
becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial
company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those
Who Make The World. STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley
Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and
attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin,
LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history
focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is
recognized around the world for the strength of its people,
products and brands. STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform
with plans to double it s revenue over the next few years through
organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment. JOB SUMMARY
The Spin Operator will set up, operate, and tend helical flight
machines to produce helicoid flighting used in auger fabrication.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have
growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more
about the Stanley Infrastructure business at and learn more about
Stanley Black & Decker at . ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works from drawings, sketches and instructions to successfully
produce required parts
- Works under the close direction of supervisor
- Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as machine tools,
spin lathes, shear, saw, press brake, forming, drilling, punching,
burning and related equipment to cut materials to size, shape and
- Checks work as necessary to assure holding prescribed tolerance
and to maintain quality standards
- Detects defective materials, unusual conditions or operating
difficulties for reporting to supervisor
- Ensures safe operation of all equipment, tools and processes as
well as compliance with safety regulations and keeps work area and
equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Verify conformance of completed work to specifications, using
measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and fixed and
- Study machining instructions, job orders, and blueprints to
determine dimensional and finish specifications, sequences of
operations, setups, and tooling requirements.
- Install tools in spindles
- Change worn tooling, using wrenches
- Position and secure workpieces on tables, using bolts, jigs,
clamps, shims, or other holding devices
- Operate singe- or multiple- spindle drill presses to bore holes
so that machining operations can be performed on metal or plastic
- Establish zero reference points on workpieces, such as the
intersections or two edges or over hole locations. PHYSICAL
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending required.
- Some medium lifting is expected.
- Exertion of up to 35 lbs. of force occasionally is
- Good manual dexterity for the use of mechanical equipment such
as drills, lathes, mills, grinders, and other machines or measuring
tools is required. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES Required:
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate
information through writing and speaking so others will
- Attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Hand/Eye Coordination
- Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
- Mathematical Skills: General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Basic
- Ability to distinguish colors EQUIPMENT
- Overhead Crane
- Hand tools LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
- Courage & Innovation Bravely innovate without boundaries.
Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital
solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Agility & Performance Simplify to accelerate business results.
Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things
and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration Respect and leverage all aspects of
diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view.
Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive
- Integrity & Accountability Operate with highest ethical
standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with
transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own
the results. Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes
medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid
holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently
eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Associated topics: aggregate, crane, deere, diesel,
diesel mechanic, fleet, forklift operator, john deere, landfill,
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Cedar Rapids , Spin Operator, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!