Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) has an exciting opportunity
for a Phone Triage Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. The
ideal candidate must have a commitment to providing high-quality
primary care for our complex patients.
• Assess the severity of symptoms and prioritizes urgency of
need based on obtaining thorough clinical information from patient
or parent during the encounter. Information shall be thorough and
complete to guide an appropriate plan of action and provide the
fundamentals for a comprehensive provider evaluation.
• Provide evidence-based advice and recommendations to patients
of all ages and diagnosis in accordance with the clinical
providers, algorithms and protocols, and independent nursing
• Guides and assists patients to the appropriate level of care
as needed including emergency services.
• Arranges and coordinates services, procedures, referrals,
prior authorizations, inpatient consults, or admissions as
• Provides individualized education to patients and families
appropriate for age, diagnosis, and level of understanding.
• Process medication refills and notify local pharmacies of
patients standing orders.
• Works collaboratively with physicians and multidisciplinary
team members to provide comprehensive medical care.
• Offers appointments and works effectively with the patient
advocates to ensure proper scheduling occurs.
• Typical work hours will vary from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through
• Current RN license recognized by the State of Iowa and in good
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as an RN
• Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
• Electronic health record experience, Athena preferred
Click apply now to email your resume today!
The mission of Eastern Iowa Health Center is to provide a
medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive
primary, oral and behavioral healthcare services to individuals and
families in our community, regardless of ability to pay.
EIHC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits
including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO) benefits,
including eight paid holidays, Flexible Spending Account, and 401k
retirement savings plan(s). Loan repayment is possible through the
National Health Service Corp. To learn more, visit the following