Account Servicing Specialist
Company: Bank of Montreal
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 17, 2020
3925 Fountains Blvd NE
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are
currently working towards providing a better candidate experience
by including all of our job descriptions in both English and
French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or
New Brunswick please reference the French job description available
below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description
below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intrt l'gard de BMO Groupe
financier. Nous travaillons actuellement offrir une meilleure
exprience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de
poste en franais et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affich
au Qubec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description
de poste en franais disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement,
veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais,
conformment aux exigences fdrales en matire de langues.
Fulfill routine and frequently non-routine transactions, internal
business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests,
and/or audit/ reconciliation activities, and solve more complex
issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and
industry standards, focusing on up to a three-month time horizon.
Follow procedures to resolve internal business partner and/or
external customer inquiries/ requests and issues. Act as a subject
matter expert to the team. Recommend/ implement process
improvements. Act as point of approval/ resolution of escalated
issues for more junior staff, where applicable.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Product & Process
- Risk & Control
- Business Performance Management
Product & Process
- Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/
reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance
with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and
- Resolve discrepancies/ exceptions that frequently deal with
non-routine situations, requiring further analysis.
- Investigate and may resolve or make recommendations to more
senior team members on more complex, non-routine issues relating to
internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries or
requests, business process efficiency and quality control within
- May resolve escalated work or issues from more junior staff,
- Enable productive relationships within the line of business
(LOB) and other functions through responsiveness and support.
Proactively work with others (i.e., on own team, shared service
centre, other operational areas, or with the internal business
partner and/or external customer) to ensure delivery of timely,
quality and efficient fulfillment activities.
- Provide advice to internal business partners and peers to
support the completion of a process or activity within established
- Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of
business processes and procedures within the scope of the work
team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation
of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
- Provide on-the-job assistance and training to others, as
Risk & Control
- Escalate issues that require resolution by more senior team
members, as per guidelines.
- Identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make
recommendations or escalate to the manager.
- Review transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory
and Bank requirements, as required.
- Monitor production logs and schedules to ensure key controls
are followed and exceptions are actively pursued; escalate to the
manager as appropriate.
- Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit
- Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained
in accordance with policies and controls.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of
Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all
applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank
standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as
potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer
information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy
and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer
and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to
ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply
appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the
prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
Business Performance Management
- Monitor service delivery performance, production processes and
quality, providing reports to the manager for the purpose of
optimizing operational effectiveness.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through
responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available
services and support.
- Align individual performance goals to team and organizational
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with Our Way model
and aligned with BMO values.
- 2 to 3 years of related experience
- Good knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the
- Good knowledge and understanding of the business unit s key
products and services, processes and controls
- Good understanding of the business unit s risk and regulatory
- Good knowledge of departmental systems and applications
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good investigation skills
- Good prioritization skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good customer service and relationship management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow
the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting,
positive change for our customers, our communities and our people.
By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected
and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We
strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and
our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you
need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach
theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: Bank of Montreal, Cedar Rapids , Account Servicing Specialist, Other , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!