Company: United Fire Group
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job ID 2019-1988# of Openings 1Job Locations US-IA-Cedar
RapidsPosted Date 2019-06-04Category Corporate UnderwritingTravel
NoneCompany Car Provided NoOverview
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy,
financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment
to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others
recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top
Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years,
and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial
Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a
super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent)
by A.M. Best Company.
Under general supervision, the compliance paralegal is responsible
for providing support for a variety of law-related activities for
our compliance attorney and compliance analysts.
- Create and maintain a legal/compliance electronic library,
reference manuals, and resource materials.
- Assist in Developing PowerPoint Presentations for the
- Manage and track legal invoices, when applicable.
- Develop spreadsheets and methods to track historic trends and
- Perform compliance-related 50-state survey research and legal
research of statutes and regulations relating to property and
casualty insurance; draft memoranda associated with same, using
Blue Book method of citations, when applicable.
- Draft routine correspondence and assist in special projects,
under direction of the Compliance Team and the Compliance
- Assist in proofreading and fact-checking matters such as
external communications/correspondence and marketing materials,
Department of Insurance Complaints and Responses; assist with
- Maintain Compliance documents and records in a shared drive or
in ImageRight, a centralized document repository, as
- Develop regular communications protocol to facilitate
collaboration within the Corporate Underwriting and other UFG
departments and compliance counterparts.
- Assist in updating and reviewing company policies and
- Other duties of a legal and administrative nature, as
- Associates/Paralegal Degree and/or certificate.
- Insurance Industry Designation preferred, such as Associate in
General Insurance (AINS), or a willingness to enroll in classes to
achieve this company-sponsored designation or other insurance
designation equivalent, enhancing general P&C insurance
- 3+ years of paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house
legal or compliance department
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Adobe
Acrobat Reader, and PowerPoint, and possesses a willingness and
ability to learn all other pertinent business-related software
systems, including company-specific processing systems and
- Proficient in WestlawNext.
- Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and
- Able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment,
both collaborating as a team and working independently to
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team.
- Works with minimal supervision, with oversight by the
Compliance Attorney and Compliance Team.
- Proven ability to interact with associates at all levels of the
- Understanding of insurance-related regulatory compliance
practices, with a preference for specific insurance-related
- Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written
communication skills with the ability to manage and prioritize
multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Nurtures commitment to common vision, shared values, and
demonstrates a strong commitment to organization success.
- Assists in efforts to improve processes and best
- Promotes free flow of information and communication in a
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Provides outstanding, best-in-class service to all business
units and corporate departments.
Keywords: United Fire Group, Cedar Rapids , Compliance Paralegal, Legal , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!