Senior Accountant-Global Technology
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Job Description Summary
Are you looking for an accounting position? Do you have strong
attention to detail and good communication skills? Do you want to
work for a company with a rich history and a passion for helping
clients build a solid financial foundation for today and
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
Job DescriptionWhat You Will Do: As part of the Aegon Global
Technology (AGT) Financial Services Team with Aegon you will
provide the accounting, financial reporting, and analytical support
for the AGT service areas.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to all
aspects of AGT for Aegon globally. AGT is responsible for driving
the technology strategy and providing IT infrastructure solutions
that are in alignment with business objectives and the AGT
technology strategy to the Aegon businesses.
What Success Looks Like:
- Responsible for the accounting of complex transactions
typically associated with advanced accounting, such as processing
financial transactions in foreign currencies and assisting in the
preparation of financial reports and analysis for multiple legal
- Effectively applies fundamental accounting concepts; works on
complex assignments, with limited oversight; makes recommendations
for changes to procedures, and performs varied work, requiring some
originality or ingenuity.
- Participates in monthly accounting processes to ensure accuracy
and completeness of financial transactions.
- Develops nonstandard reports and statements. Prepares
information for use by a higher authority; communicates methodology
and areas of concern.
- Understands the flow of information, financial systems,
appropriate reporting tools and uses that knowledge to troubleshoot
- Works with both internal and external sources to ensure proper
reporting of financial data.
- Seeks out potential areas of improvement (for example,
workflow, automated processes), by documenting business processes
and identifying controls and deficiencies.
- Participates on project teams or leads project teams.
- Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of
- May have supervisory responsibilities, or review work or train
What You Need:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, with degree.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
Expected Starting Salary Range: $64,000 - $88,000
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. Its our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives
and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance
and a healthy body to match. As youll come to discover, Wealth +
Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , Senior Accountant-Global Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!