Software Developer - Operations Support & Development
Company: Kirkwood Community College
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 20, 2019
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
- working on small developer-led software development projects
and small enhancements to existing production code (projects less
than 400 hours)
- working on all types of production support activities
- working through service request and incident tickets
- debugging, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- system configurations
- following the change management process
- system maintenance activities
- security access requests
- system testing and regression testing assistance
- software rollout to customers
- technical documentation creation and/or modification
The Operations Team Software Developer must be self-directed,
organized, customer focused, extremely attentive to details, team
oriented, and should be a self-starter who can work with minimal
supervision. The role requires strong verbal and written
communication skills with both technical and nontechnical
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to
identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a
willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming,
diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of
adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Serve as second level support for all platforms supported by
the Application Development & Support Team.
- Troubleshoot, debug and problem solve.
- Develop and maintain software across different platforms.
- Support existing features within the College's ERP system,
- Support third party software that interfaces with the College's
- Design, deliver, and support SQL reports used by various
departments to make informed decisions.
- Support web-based applications.
- Assist with software testing and documentation.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in the most
positive manner with prospective, former and current students,
clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and energetic, with strong computer
skills, and proven success working within a team-based
- Must pay attention to details.
- Must be able to work independently, accept responsibility with
limited supervision, manage multiple tasks to completion, and work
with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to interpret questions, identify problems, propose
solutions and process improvements, and read reference
- Understand how to successfully communicate information to both
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to make oral presentations and written reports in a
concise and effective manner.
- Must possess excellent planning, organizational, and
- Seek and participate in development opportunities surpassing
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds,
perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an
environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as
necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and
performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered
an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may
perform other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT
- Position involves working in an office setting.
- Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and
- Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other
types of close visual work.
- Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking
- Associate's Degree in computer science or related field or 2
years of object-oriented programming experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the software development
- Understanding of both Windows and UNIX environments.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of database concepts, SQL, and stored procedures
(Microsoft SQL Server / SSRS preferred).
- Knowledge of Vue.js and .NET.
- Experience using APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio (or an equivalent IDE).
- Experience using Subversion (or an equivalent version control
- Experience writing and executing test cases is a plus.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience is a plus.
- System Admin experience is a plus.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague is a plus.
Kirkwood Community College declares and affirms that it values and
respects diversity and inclusion in all College-sponsored events,
all employment practices, and all educational programs and
activities. The College will not tolerate unlawful discrimination
or harassment of persons on the basis of race, creed, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, religion, or disability.
Anyone who has questions or complaints should contact the Vice
President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313
Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, or
by phone to , or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S.
Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street,
Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60, Telephone: , Fax: , Email: .
Keywords: Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids , Software Developer - Operations Support & Development, IT / Software / Systems , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!