Software Engineer - C++
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Requisition ID: 16293 At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE. We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our Airborne Information Solutions team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Job SummaryJoin a dedicated cross-functional team of engineers from around the world. Work with engineers from France, India, and ARINC (Annapolis) in a massive collaboration that brings state-of-the-art information management software to keep airplanes connected! Join our team in a strategic growing sector that creates a true end-to-end product providing functionality from the air to ground! In this position you will develop embedded software for the growing field of aircraft information management solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on all phases of the software life cycle using Agile software development practices. Your work will contribute to the development of our next generation of connectivity devices for aircraft flown around the world!Job Responsibilities
- Design, code, test, integrate and document software of moderate complexity within an embedded Linux software system. Prepare software builds for execution in a simulation environment, reference platforms and on the target hardware. Understands and utilizes the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
- Build, test and deliver real-time embedded software to target environments in support of program and customer commitments
- Translate system level requirements into low-level software requirements and software implementation
- Participate in Design and Code Reviews with other members of the team to identify and eliminate problems early in the development process.
- Expand and apply knowledge: Product domain, Requirements, Design, Development, Test and Release software processes, tools, methods and coding best practices with primary emphasis on taking technical ownership in a software component of the product domain.
- Develop and document component and moderate changes to software requirements documentation, applying knowledge of processes, tools and methods in the management and tracking of software requirements baseline.
- Contribute to the engineering estimates for tasks such as change requests or problem reports.
- Create unit testing ability (along with continued regression testing ability) such that software components may be developed and comprehensively tested in a simulation environment – if such an environment does not exist, consider various alternatives to create one.
- Able to use test equipment (e.g. Logic Analyzer) and software debugging tools (e.g. Wireshark) to aid in the integration process. Apply techniques and skills required to identify a root cause of a given software integration issue.
- Escalates encountered technical software issues to project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Travel could be an option with our customer located in France and Germany!
- This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond 40 hour work weeks.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Skills in embedded C++ and Object Oriented design
- Experience in an avionics/aerospace domain environment
- Knowledge of working on a Linux OS Additional experience a plus:
- Development experience in an Agile environment
- Development experience in Python (or scripting) or Robot automated test framework--At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form --- with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance --and disability coverage
- And more--Apply now and be part of the team that---s redefining aerospace, every day.--Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Cedar Rapids , Software Engineer - C++, IT / Software / Systems , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!