Office Assistant - Industrial Technologies
Company: Kirkwood Community College
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: December 8, 2018
JOB GOAL: To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Primary contact for student and general public inquiries. Includes assisting individuals in person, via phone, and via email. Position often responsible for more than one student/customer at once.
- Primary contact for scheduling, coordinating and conducting tours for the Industrial Technologies department
- Assist department coordinators with tracking student information and reporting.
- Assist with new student outreach, registration activities and orientation.
- Monitors Industrial Technologies email account and responds to inquiries.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- With knowledge of office practices and procedures, be able to act responsibly in the absence of the department coordinators and dean.
- Access, input and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, spreadsheets or into Colleague.
- Meet and deal effectively and courteously with students, staff and members of the community.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in written and oral form and request clarification when needed.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Must have strong proven ability with various computer software programs, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience in an office setting serving the public is a preferred.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed the core assessments of the Skills Advantage WorkKeys Program.
Keywords: Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids , Office Assistant - Industrial Technologies, IT / Software / Systems , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!