Assistant Professor / Associate Professor - Computer Science
Company: Maharishi International University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Maharishi International University (MIU) computer science
graduate students are passionate about learning the latest
technologies to accelerate their professional careers in Java, Web
Each year about 500 students enroll in our MSCS and MSD programs.
Our dedicated Faculty team enjoy teaching software development and
data science at one of the world's most creative, successful, and
innovative universities. Accredited in 1980 by The Higher Learning
Commission , MIU is a non-profit, non-sectarian, private university
offering on-campus and online programs (Fairfield, Iowa ).
Our MSCS program is ranked #2 in the U.S. in number of graduates
(). Both of our masters' degree programs place a high emphasis on
career development of our graduates. Professors include
cutting-edge project work in many of the courses.
If you are seeking a diverse, challenging teaching position at a
university that offers students, Faculty, and staff a proven system
of personal development on a beautiful campus in one of the most
fascinating small towns in the world , we are the place to
Faculty Job Description.
- Teach students in computer science master's degrees.
- Advise students academically.
- Full salary during orientation period for learning the specific
course materials and the teaching procedures.
- Engage in professional development aligned with academic career
growth including research and attending conferences.
- Minimum of an MSCS degree plus experience, PhD preferred.
- Strong skills in Object Oriented Programming, including minimum
of core Java (Java SE 11 (LTS) or later preferred; or strong skills
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience,
preferably in an enterprise setting.
- Engaging teaching methods.
- Appreciation of the system of Consciousness Based Education
(CBE) (see: ). Faculty qualification includes taking training in
the Transcendental Meditation technique (see ), a prerequisite to
joining MIU Faculty (training cost reimbursable).
Application procedure and timeline:
- The MIU curriculum is on a monthly block system with students
taking one course at a time during a 4-week period. Faculty may
join throughout the year. Faculty teach one course at a time. A
full-time teaching load is 5 courses/year.
- We will contact you after you submit your resume and cover
letter on LinkedIn.
MIU is an equal opportunity employer. International visa
Keywords: Maharishi International University, Cedar Rapids , Assistant Professor / Associate Professor - Computer Science, IT / Software / Systems , Fairfield, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!