Registered Pharmacist - Salary
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Registered Pharmacist
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Fills
and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients in accordance
with all state and federal statutes and regulations. Assists with
pharmacy's inventory, including controlled substances, on an annual
basis or as recommended.
* Growth mindset
* Results oriented
* Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager;
Assistant Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, and Health
Wellness Home; Pharmacy Department Manager, Pharmacy Supervisor
Positions that Report to you: Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Clerk,
Delivery Person, and Pharmacy students
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by:
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
* performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
* Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
* Assists with controlled substance inventory on an annual basis or
* Assists with inventory control, maintaining inventory levels by
ordering and stocking merchandise, checking invoices, and entering
inventory information into the computer.
* Assists with coaching, counseling, and training employees;
participates in additional education and training.
* Assists HBC manager with ordering and merchandising OTC's.
* Fills and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients
according to OBRA '90 regulations.
* Assists with reconciliation and balancing of 3rd party
* Visits schools, doctors' offices, senior centers, etc. to market
* Assists with monthly inventory.
* Builds growth and sales through counseling and wellness
* Follows security and regulatory procedures including Quality
* Assumes the responsibility for the department in the absence of
the pharmacy manager.
* Ensures customers are given prompt and courteous service.
* Maintains a professional appearance, i.e. clean lab coat and name
* Communicates continually with pharmacy manager about any
procedural changes, issues, or corporate communications.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Partners with other departments or staff (i.e. dietitian) to
promote wellness and the pharmacy.
* Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
* Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to
solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
* Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving
arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
* Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical
manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or
advise people; evaluate technical data.
Education and Experience:
* College degree and licensure in pharmacy.
* Must have continuing education to maintain license.
* Six months to a year of similar or related work experience.
* Medication Therapy Management (MTM) preferred.
* Ability to administer immunizations.
* Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail
store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling
scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every
day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous
chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, Telexon
ordering unit, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone,
fax, and copier.
Is fully responsible for company assets including prescription
inventory, third party accounts receivable, pharmacy computer and
software, and pharmacy fixtures. Has full authority, within
reasonable limits, to purchase inventory for the pharmacy.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and
suppliers/vendors, and pharmacy operations support staff. Has
occasional contact with community or trade/professional
organizations and federal/state governmental or regulatory
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical
information according to the HIPAA act. Maintains the
confidentiality of prescription drug pricing and costs.
I understand that this pharmacy handles and prepares hazardous
drugs. The USP 800 is intended to ensure that personnel of
reproductive capability understand the risks of handling hazardous
drugs. Accordingly, I acknowledge that exposure to hazardous drugs
may cause acute and chronic effects. Failure to follow pharmacy
policies and procedures may put me at greater risk of exposure to
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Cedar Rapids , Registered Pharmacist - Salary, Hospitality & Tourism , Coralville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!