Company: Windsor Place Senior Living
Posted on: January 23, 2023
POSITION PURPOSE:Prepares meals according to menu plans that
change with the seasons, creating a restaurant-style dining
experience, and may assist in serving as needed.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and serves beverages per recipes.
- Performs food preparation, covering, storage, and labeling
tasks as assigned
- Arranges tray and or table settings with proper tableware,
condiments, and tray card.
- Serves meals to residents in accordance with established
schedules, dietary procedures and resident rights/quality of life
- Delivers nourishments and supplements to the nurse station for
distribution to specific residents.
- Assists in maintaining dry storage areas and handling the
unpacking, dating, and rotating of food and non-food supplies as
- Avoids waste of food items and dietary supplies.
- Clears tables and removes dishes, trays, and utensils from the
dining room to the dishwashing area.
- Scrapes, empties soiled dishes, disposes of waste, properly
loads dish machine, and operates automated dishwashing solution
dispensing systems. Records wash and rinse temperatures as
requested. Unloads dish machine and sorts clean dishes. Washes and
sanitizes cooking equipment and utensils by hand as necessary.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchen equipment,
utensils, counters, and preparation and storage areas as directed
and according to established schedules, and facility and
departmental policies for routine cleaning.
- Bags and disposes of garbage according to established
- Delivers soiled tablecloths and dietary linens to laundry.
- Reports and documents resident changes in consumption or
- Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process
Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care
and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents,
family members and staff.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident
needs. Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains
relationships with residents.
- Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in
conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as
assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly
- Performs other duties as assigned.Apply for this position
Keywords: Windsor Place Senior Living, Cedar Rapids , Dietary Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Sigourney, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!