Company: Grand Living
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job DescriptionAs a Cook, you will be responsible for enhancing
the overall Resident experience through an exceptional food
production by controlling the quality and quantity of all food
items prepared in the station: i.e. meats, vegetables, potatoes,
bread products, desserts, etc. This is to be handled in The
Sterling Touch® professional, friendly, courteous, helpful and
timely manner, resulting in a very high level of satisfaction for
Residents and their guests. Position is under the general guidance
of the Executive Chef in accordance with Community standards,
processes, procedures and practices.
- Participate in Daily Line-up every shift.
- Greet the Residents, guests, fellow employees and vendors in a
friendly and courteous manner.
- Line Cook Prepares all foods suitable for cooking according to
standard cooking recipes to ensure consistency of product to
Residents and guests. Visually inspects, selects and uses only
cooking food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all
- Line Cook Checks and controls the proper storage of product and
portion control, e.g., especially high cost meat and seafood
- Line Cook Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas
in clean, working condition to comply with health department
- Line Cook Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and
in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production
in workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately
prepare items according to recipes. Requires stamina for standing
and strength for lifting and moving products.
- Perform AM and/or PM utility cleaning duties in accordance with
all Company safety, cleanliness and regulatory policies and
- High School Diploma or G.E.D, highly preferred.
- College or Culinary school degree, preferred. Experience:
- One year related experience and/or training in a fine dining,
high-volume, high energy, upscale food and beverage environment,
- Experience with scratch and à la carte cooking,
- Part-Time or Full-Time
- Must be able to work rotating weekends and holidays.
Keywords: Grand Living, Cedar Rapids , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!