Retail Banker 1
Company: Hills Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description*This position is eligible for a Spanish
proficiency pay differential*SCHEDULE: Full-time; Monday through
Friday (8:00 am - 5:45 pm) and rotating every 3rd Saturday morning
(8:00 am- 12:15 pm) for an average of 40 hours/week.LOCATION: 1009
2nd St, Coralville, IA 52241BENEFITS: Our employees are our most
valuable assets, so we invest in them with a comprehensive and
competitive benefits package. Our philosophy of taking care of the
customer extends to taking care of our employees so that they, in
turn, can take good care of themselves and their families. Join
Hills Bank and let us surprise you with even more
perks!SCOPE:Provide superior service to customers while working to
meet their financial needs through a variety of retail banking
functions. An individual in the Retail Banker 1 role will focus on
mastering and applying skills needed for effectively managing
customer relationships and providing basic retail banking
- Handle all typical banking transactions presented by customers
in person, through drive up, via night depository, mail or
- Handle cash and maintain an individual cash drawer in order to
handle customer requests.
- Assist customers with entry into safe deposit boxes, ensuring
all procedures are properly followed.
- Handle maintenance and service requests and customer inquiries
regarding existing accounts and services.
- Identify banking needs and recommend solutions for both
prospective and current customers.New Accounts:
- Support the Bank's overall sales efforts through direct sales
of consumer banking products and related services.
- Acquire the necessary product, compliance, and systems
knowledge and accurately, efficiently open various types of deposit
accounts and complementary services, such as checking, savings and
money market accounts, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes,
and complementary services for consumer relationships.
- Complete training and begin handling credit card and consumer
- Ensure that new accounts and relationships are properly
- Develop, manage, and grow customer relationships through
ongoing contacts, recognition of key life events, needs-based
- Work within defined banking processes, such as GREAT customer
service expectations, the 5 Step Retail Banking Conversation Model,
Quarterly Action Plans, and New Relationship/New Account Onboarding
to help ensure a consistent, positive experience for customers and
success for your branch team.
- Utilize the bank's Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
system to plan for and personalize customer interactions and help
develop corporate memory, manage referrals, and maintain
appropriate entries regarding opportunities and interactions with
- Proactively reach out to customers through one-on-one contacts,
larger retail campaigns, and product promotions throughout the
year. This effort will include contacting customers by phone,
direct mail, email and/or HERE app.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge about bank products and
services, and other departments' and coworkers' functions in order
to be able to refer customers to other individuals or departments
appropriately and effectively. Maintain ownership of and follow up
on any hand-offs or referrals to ensure that they have been
- Actively participate in office or bank events.
- Maintain educational and professional expertise through
attendance at internal and/or external educational
- Be a Notary Public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.EDUCATION AND SPECIAL
- High school diploma required. Prefer an associate's degree (AA)
from a two-year college or technical school or bachelor's
- Prefer 1 or more years of experience in a related
- Must be able to successfully meet the requirements of the SAFE
Act including registering with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing
System & Registry and maintaining their unique identifying
- Must successfully complete all training and evaluation
requirements in the Retail Banker Career Path.
- Must be able to work additional evening and Saturday hours as
- Participate in at least 3 bank sponsored or community events
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Hills Bank, Cedar Rapids , Retail Banker 1, Hospitality & Tourism , Coralville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!