Production Supervisor-2nd Shift
Company: Jeld-wen Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the worlds largest
door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees
operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte,
North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an
extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and
aluminium windows and related products for use in the new
construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager,
the Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) is responsible for managing
and implementing all production operations and shop activities.
Working also with the Plant and Assistant Plant Managers where
applicable, this position is a key driver of JELD-WENs Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs), including, but not limited to,
SQDCI, TPS, OTD, and Continuous Improvement (CIs) activities and
initiatives in direct support of JELD-WENs Mission Statement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Under the direction of the Production Manager, this position
will manage and implement the activities on the shop floor,
following established procedures and approved processes consistent
with JELD-WENs Mission Statement.
- This position will work with Lead employees and is responsible
for providing direct leadership to some Lead employees and their
subordinates in their assigned areas of production in support of
plant operations, goals and objectives.
- Position acts as a Liaison between upper management and the
rank and file hourly employees providing timely feedback up and
down the organizational hierarchy.
- This position directly supervises all production and production
support operations, and drives SQDCI, TPS, OTD and CI activities
and initiatives during the process.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team members
performance and capabilities, based upon company Key Performance
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities, and personnel
are operated and maintained in a manner consistent with plant
production goals and objectives, as established by the Plant
Manager, Production Manager, and other managerial personnel,
inclusive of corporate goals and objectives.
- Assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager in establishing
and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality
control standards in accordance with SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous
Improvement (CI) methodologies.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment, and/or make
recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment
to the Plant and Production Managers when necessary, in conjunction
with CI initiatives, goals/objectives.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company
goals and objectives in accordance with JELD-WENs Mission
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance
- Assists in workforce development, implements safety awareness
programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety related
problems, and assists in investigations into safety related issues
as needed and as directed.
- Assists in the performance evaluations of staff and assists in
proactive actions of subordinate personnel on an annual, bi-annual,
or on an as needed basis.
- May perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant
Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Production Manager, or other
appropriate supervisory personnel.
- B.A. or equivalent from a four-year college; or 5 years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills along with a sense of urgency and
- Some mechanical aptitude is required, as well as basic computer
knowledge. Manufacturing experience and knowledge of lean
manufacturing process principles preferred.
- Self-motivated and a good leader that has a strong personal
commitment to becoming a great leader.
- Must be ready and available to work all shifts.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company
will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: Jeld-wen Inc., Cedar Rapids , Production Supervisor-2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Grinnell, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!