Full-Time Line Cook (6:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
Company: Grand Living
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a Line Cook, you will be responsible for enhancing the
overall Resident experience through an exceptional food production
by controlling the quality and quantity of all food items prepared
in the station: i.e. meats, vegetables, potatoes, bread products,
desserts, etc. This is to be handled in The Sterling Touch -
professional, friendly, courteous, helpful and timely manner,
resulting in a very high level of satisfaction for Residents and
their guests. Position is under the general guidance of the
Executive Chef in accordance with Community standards, processes,
procedures and practices.Essential Functions:
- Participate in Daily Line-up every shift.
- Greet the Residents, guests, fellow employees and vendors in a
friendly and courteous manner.
- Prepares all foods suitable for cooking according to standard
cooking recipes to ensure consistency of product to Residents and
guests. Visually inspects, selects and uses only cooking food items
of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion
control, e.g., especially high cost meat and seafood items.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean,
working condition to comply with health department
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production
in workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately
prepare items according to recipes. Requires stamina for standing
and strength for lifting and moving products.
- Perform AM and/or PM utility cleaning duties in accordance with
all Company safety, cleanliness and regulatory policies and
- High School Diploma or G.E.D, highly preferred.
- College or Culinary school degree, preferred.Experience:
- One year related experience and/or training in a fine dining,
high-volume, high energy, upscale food and beverage environment,
- Experience with scratch and -- la carte cooking,
- Full-Time Hours
- Shifts: 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Keywords: Grand Living, Cedar Rapids , Full-Time Line Cook (6:00 AM to 3:00 PM), Hospitality & Tourism , Coralville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!