Part Time Cook
Company: Agemark Senior Living
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 16, 2020
CountryHouse in Cedar Rapids is looking for a Part Time Cook! We
are an Agemark Senior Living Community, ranked #10 with Great
Places to Work. In this Part Time Cook position, you'll be
responsible for preparing and serving food to residents,
maintaining food and sanitation quality and participating in all
dining services as directed. Competitive pay along with PTO accrued
on the first day. Get free meals, monthly inventive drawings, and
Verizon discounts! We also subscribe to where you can get 20-60%
off 100,000 items such as tickets, restaurants, sporting events,
and local deals. Work to help us create and environment you would
want for your own loved one! We're more than a company. We're a
family. When we say Were like family at Agemark, it means
something! The truth about families is that no two are alike. But
big or small, traditional or laid back, heres what all healthy
families have in common: they love, support, listen to and respect
one another. And they share traditions, expectations and values.
For more than 30 years, these are the things that have made Agemark
a family of happy, engaged and productive employees and of
grateful, happy customers. Youll feel the difference the moment you
walk through the door of any one of our communities. Part Time Cook
- Prepare meals and snacks that are consistently tasteful,
nutritious and appealing assuring prompt, cheerful food service to
residents and guests.
- Maintain a sanitary, orderly and safe kitchen and dining
- Assist with menu planning and incorporating your favorite
recipes; review and adjust menus with Supervisor to accommodate
foods in season, special events and holidays.
- Alter or adapt meals to accommodate special dietary needs of
- Help with ordering, delivery and inventory of food, supplies
and equipment, as directed. Ensure proper handling, labeling and
storage of food for infection control.
- Maintain an accurate record of chargeable and non-chargeable
meals, as directed. Receive payment for meals/dietary services if
- Notify Supervisor of malfunction of equipment or
- Document resident attendance for meals served; follow
procedures when residents are ill. Contact residents who do not
come to meals when expected and follow Facility procedures when
resident cannot be contacted. Part Time Cook knowledge, skills,
abilities and requirements:
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information
pertaining to residents, prospective residents, facility operations
- Recognize improvement opportunities. Prioritize, multi-task,
and maintain flexibility in a fast paced, service-oriented
- Maintain constructive relationships with co-workers, residents
- Participate in staff, resident, family or marketing activities
and events as directed.
- Stay in compliance with State and Federal food handling and
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving
skills. Come one, join the family! If you'd like to join a group of
passionate, caring people who use our collective experiences to
positively impact the lives of our people every day, talk to us!
Together, we're working to redefine what senior care should be.
Learn more at , or just click "Apply Now" to get started. EOE.
Care, serve and love - because there's no other way to take care of
Keywords: Agemark Senior Living, Cedar Rapids , Part Time Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!