Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Company: Resources for Human Development
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 22, 2019
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR
**New hire will be eligible to receive a total of $2000 bonus in
the first year of employment **
The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team Mental Health
Counselor is a licensed mental health clinician delivering
community-based therapy services to participants of the ACT
program. The interventions of the community team are designed to
respond to the strengths and needs of individuals participating in
the ACT program diagnosed with a serious and persistent mental
illness. The responsibilities of the team clinician include;
assessment of individuals referred for therapy and the provision of
clinical direction for services planning and treatment goals,
conducting individual therapy, utilizing member in vivo experiences
to maximize learning and use of skills and developed insights,
participation in team and individual case management activities,
facilitation of treatment team meetings, discharge planning.
The RHD ACT program supports participants residing within a 60 mile
radius of Cedar Rapids. This position will also support the
operation of the program on a rotating on-call, evening, and
weekend schedule. The ACT Mental Health Clinician is a mobile staff
position dedicated to at least 85% of the work time to direct
community-based work with clients in their home or community-based
* Provide services at times and locations convenient to
* Provide on-call, after-hour support to clients as scheduled.
* Provide face-to-face services in the client s home, in public
places, wherever necessary.
* Utilize Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) and Stages of
Change techniques to engage and provide treatment to clients.
* Provide clinical treatment for mental health and substance
abuse/dependence, incorporating recovery-based, client-centered
treatment approaches and harm reduction strategies.
* Utilize evidence-based interventions and therapeutic techniques
to address consumer s mental health symptoms and coping skills.
* Develop treatment plans, early intervention plans, and recovery
action plans with clients.
* Provide direct assistance with family of clients in areas such as
in-home family education and relationship building.
* Actively participate in the engagement of new clients into the
ACT program many of whom are transitioning from a residential, or
inpatient acute level of care.
* Engage in collateral consultation and service coordination
* Minimum of 3 years of prior experience
* A Master s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Occupational
* Valid licensure in the state of Iowa (LISW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT,
* The ability to make ethical clinical decisions in demanding
* The ability to interact professionally with clients, their
families and other professionals
* Organizational skills; ability to complete documentation timely
The RHD ACT program supports participants residing through the
seven counties of the CROSS MHDS Region and Appanoose County. The
interventions of the community team are designed to respond to the
strengths and needs of individuals participating in the ACT program
diagnosed with a serious and persistent mental illness.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information,
veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Resources for Human Development, Cedar Rapids , Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!