Clinical Liaison - RN - PT - OT - SLP
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: July 15, 2019
If you love healthcare but would like to try something new this may
be the opportunity for you! Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation
Services in Cedar Rapids, IA is currently seeking an enthusiastic
Clinical Liaison to join our team! Kindred Healthcare is the
largest diversified provider of post-acute care services in the
United States. A Fortune magazine Most Admired Healthcare Company
for nine years, Kindred's mission is to promote healing, provide
hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, family
member, employee and business partner we serve. Summary As a
Clinical Liaison, you will have the ability to use your clinical
skills while working in a strategic business environment.
Successful Liaisons will educate the community about the services
provided by Kindred and will develop and maintain positive
relationships with families, caregivers, medical professionals and
the communities we serve. Through the building of long term
relationships, the Liaison will facilitate the identification and
assessment of medically appropriate patients for potential
admission to the acute rehabilitation setting. In addition, the
- Reviews patient medical charts and understands pharmaceuticals,
test results, therapy evaluations, pre-existing conditions, and has
a general medical knowledge of the patient.
- Interacts clearly and professionally with patients and
families, while gathering additional clinical information and past
- Conducts thorough patient assessments to identify patients for
potential admission into the system.
- Completes detailed Pre-Admission Screens, according to facility
policies and procedures, KHRS policies and procedures, and payer
- Targets area research including analysis of like programs and
alternative levels of care.
- Provides patient updates to physicians, payers, case managers,
social workers and other relevant persons.
- Develops educational and community relations plans in
consultation with Program Director, Medical Director, and Nurse
- Maintains effective communication with patients, families,
healthcare providers, employers, clients and team members.
- Participates in team meetings along with Medical Director,
Program Director, Nurse Manager, Therapy Coordinator, and others,
- Functions as a resource for and provides team members with
in-service/cross-training on acute rehabilitation criteria,
diagnostic case mix management, coding, etc., as applicable.
- Participates in Clinical Program Development as identified
through market demand.
- Educates specific specialized physicians on quality, programs,
accreditations, and regulations on inpatient acute rehabilitation.
RN, registered nurse, PT, physical therapist, OT, occupational
therapist, SLP, speech therapist, sales, marketing, business,
development, case management, liaison, acute rehabilitation, ARU,
inpatient rehab, hospital #MON-HRS#LI-HRS Qualifications
License and Education:
- Valid state drivers license and own reliable transportation
- Clinical Licensure.
- College degree required.Experience:
- A track record of successful experience in a health care
setting, strong interpersonal skills, and experience working with
physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers,
and social workers.
- Clinical experience required.
- Knowledge of acute hospitals and post-acute settings preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package
that includes an invaluable orientation program, medical, dental,
vision, 401(k), paid time off, and much more while working with a
healthcare leader! To apply, please visit
https://jobs.kindredhealthcare.com and search for job #.
EOE. M/W/V/D. Drug Free Workplace. If you are a current
Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Keywords: RehabCare, Cedar Rapids , Clinical Liaison - RN - PT - OT - SLP, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!