Company: Kirkwood Community College
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 16, 2019
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Prepare and organize materials & supplies for science labs.
- Assist with safety compliance.
- Manage lab scheduling and a reservation system for access to technology, models, specimens and cadavers.
- Manage and maintain equipment & supplies including inventories and budgets.
- Assist faculty and students in laboratory setting.
- Assist the Dean in various duties as necessary.
- Complete required trainings as designated by supervisor.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Attends to detail and demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Displays regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Establishes effective working relationships with supervisor, faculty, staff, and other departments.
- Manages time effectively to complete tasks.
- Represents Kirkwood in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Utilizes technology.
- Welcomes, values, and nurtures people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
- This position requires the person to be able to work in a laboratory environment.
- Occasional (10-33%) stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting (up to 25 pounds) and repetitive motions.
- Travel to off-campus locations.
- Viewing computer screen and/or other types of close visual work.
- Frequent (34-66%) reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, and grasping.
- Constant (67-100%) communicating verbally or in writing.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in life science or related field required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- No specific licenses, certifications, or registrations required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Science laboratory experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision desired.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail desired.
- Strong human relations skills desired.
- Good written and verbal communications desired.
EEO AA/STATEMENT:Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetic information. Veteran status will also be respected and protected to the extent covered by law.
Keywords: Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids , Laboratory Specialist, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!