Registered Visit Nurse - Hospice- On Call
Company: ProMedica Senior Care
Location: Center Point
Posted on: March 13, 2023
ProMedica Senior Care, formerly HCR ManorCare is one of the leading
providers of Hospice, Home Care Skilled Nursing, Memory Care,
Palliative Care, and Assisted & Independent Living.
Heartland, ManorCare and Arden Courts are now part of the ProMedica
family of services. The home health and hospice, skilled nursing
and rehabilitation, memory care services you know us for are now
part of an integrated health and well being organization.
At our core, we are a not-for-profit, mission-based organization
working to create a stronger, more cohesive approach to delivering
care at the right place and right time.
The RN - Registered Visit Nurse (hospice) position is a nurse who
administers skilled nursing care to clients requiring professional
nursing services in their homes and teaches/supervises the family
and other members of the nursing team. These services are performed
in accordance with the physician's orders and under the direction
and supervision of the Clinical
Manager and the Case Manager.
RN - Registered Nurse Rewards:
- Receive unparalleled training
- Competitive pay
- Industry-leading benefits including comprehensive health
coverage, generous time off, 401K, and more
- Education benefits such as student loan repayment assistance,
education discounts, and in-house continuing education
- Unlimited growth opportunities in a variety of roles or
Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare while having
fulfilling work with a purpose!
4618 - ProMedica Hospice- Iowa City / Cedar Rapids - Serving
4618 - ProMedica Hospice- Iowa City / Cedar Rapids - Serving
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state and in good
standing with the Board in which he or she will practice.
- Ability to manage patient care with specific knowledge and
experience in bedside nursing, symptom management, crisis
intervention and family intervention.
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the patient and
- A minimum of 6 months institutional nursing experience within
the past 3 years, unless state regulations differ. The Director of
Professional Services or Administrator may waive this experience
requirement based upon a personal interview.
- Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT
Patients must have 2 years experience as an RN.
- Necessary daily; 100%.
- Patient's home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection,
illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients.
Job Specific Details:
- Administers nursing care according to the patient?s plan of
care plan and needs
- Care for multiple patients throughout the day in their
individual home environments
- Teach the patient and/or family members about new diagnosis,
care, and support skills
- Communicates regularly with RN Case Managers, Supervisors, and
the Care Team
- Coordinates and delivers nursing care to patients and
- Assesses & evaluates patient?s level of care, needs and
- Assesses the patient?s response to the Plan of Care and
recommends changes as needed.
- Evaluates Outcomes of Care.
- Supervises LPN/LVNs, home health aides and paraprofessionals
providing services to the patient according to regulatory
- Participates in on-call coverage.
- Submits work in a timely manner and updates and maintains
patient medical records. Participates in regularly scheduled
interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate the care of the
Patient and family, exchange information and problem solve, and
receive staff support and education.
- Applies policies and procedures of the agency and the rules and
regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and other
certifying agencies in providing care.
- Participates in agency quality assessment performance
improvement (QAPI) programs.
- Ensures growth & profitability of the company through the
responsible use of company resources and educating the community to
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Provides education to the patient/family regarding the disease
process, self care techniques, prevention strategies, rehab nursing
procedures and community resources for discharge planning
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Provides counseling to patient/family regarding disease
process, end of life and ethical issues.
- Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional
- Participates in community programs and committees, as
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Prepares clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress
toward established goals
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
patient?s needs and outcomes of intervention
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the patient?s
needs at admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates patient/family response to care on an on-going basis.
Communicates information using current process and technology
available to the organization
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate
- Attends deaths of patients to assist and support the
- Provides initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the
terminal diagnosis on the patient?s physical, functional,
psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living
including risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual
implications and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Implements the individualized plan of care and recommends
revisions to the plan as necessary including managing discomfort
and providing symptom relief and specialized nursing skills related
to palliative and end-of-life care.
- Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on
acuity and patient/family needs.
- Provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family
members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care.
- Applies specific criteria for admission and re-certification to
hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the
Keywords: ProMedica Senior Care, Cedar Rapids , Registered Visit Nurse - Hospice- On Call, Healthcare , Center Point, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...