Behavioral Health Intervention Caseworker
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is eligible for a $500 sign on bonus.
About Tanager Beginning in 1879, we are Linn County's First
Children's Human Services agency. We're always evolving to serve
the needs of our community. Our programs focus on prevention,
treatment and outreach, and serve children and teens of all ages.
As a non-profit organization, Tanager is proud to support more than
4,000 kids per year.
- We value our team members and offer an excellent benefits
package which includes, medical, dental, vision, retirement plan,
employer paid life insurance and employer paid short and long term
- Your wellness matters to us. We offer our team members 10 paid
holidays and a generous PTO policy of up to 6 weeks per year,
depending on experience.
- Tanager Place provides services for both private and public
- We offer an already established client base, no need to recruit
- Be part of an organization that inspires hope and improves the
wellbeing of children in the community.
- We support your professional growth and promote opportunities
- As an employee of Tanager, you may qualify for Public Service
Loan Forgiveness. (PSLF)
Job DetailsAs a member of the Behavioral Health Intervention (BHIS)
Team, you will be working directly with children and their families
to provide skill building services addressing their mental health
needs. You will work with your clients to promote positive
behaviors and actions while providing indirect coordination and
collaboration with other professional to coordinate services for
the benefits of the child and family. Skill services center around
seven focus areas to include: cognitive flexibility skills,
communication skills, conflict resolution skills, executive skills,
interpersonal relationship skills, problem solving skills and
social skills. This position offers some flexibility in scheduling
to meet with clients and their families at predetermined times.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related human services
- Minimum of one-year relevant post-degree experience in the
human services field
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which
provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the
Required Special Qualifications: - Must possess a valid Driver's
License and meet the driving requirements of the Agency
Keywords: Tanager, Cedar Rapids , Behavioral Health Intervention Caseworker, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!