Director Of Nursing
Company: Heritage Specialty Care - Cedar Rapids
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Are you looking to be a part of a fun team that positively
impacts your community? At Care Initiatives we're committed to
celebrating life and helping those in our care live to the fullest.
We love helping people gain their highest level of independence and
quality of life during their time with us.
Care Initiatives is the largest single operator of quality nursing
homes in Iowa. As a non-profit organization, we have proudly been
investing millions of dollars into the communities we serve since
1989. Care Initiatives serves roughly 2800 Iowans through skilled
nursing facilities, assisted living, and hospice locations. We are
dedicated to providing compassionate care for Iowans through all of
life's transitions. "Always Learn" is one of our Core Values. We
want you to learn and grow with us. Apply today to start your
exciting new career with us!
Purpose of the position:
Under general supervision of the Administrator, the Director of
Nursing manages Nursing Department human and material resources,
with responsibility and accountability for the provision of quality
nursing care and service to facility residents/families, compliance
with applicable laws and regulations, and adherence to company
policy/procedure and budgetary guidelines.
The primary responsibilities are to assess resident needs and
interview, hire and terminate adequate nursing personnel. Set
resident care standards in accordance with accepted current
standards of care to provide high-quality care to residents.
Develop and implement policies and procedures for nursing care of
residents. Supervise and manage all aspects of the nursing
department. Assess, direct, and supervise residents' care needs.
Cooperate with the administration to assure efficient,
cost-effective operation of the facility. Perform other related
duties as assigned.
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an
RN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing
- Current, valid CPR certification
- Prior ADON, Nurse Manager or DON experience required
We are proud to provide excellent benefits to our team members!
- New in 2022 - Unlimited PTO
- Dayforce Wallet- On-Demand Pay- access your pay as soon as it
- Four different great medical plan choices!
- HSA and FSA Programs
- Two different dental coverage plan options
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life AD&D, Short-Term
and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Critical illness and Accident Coverage Plans
- Doctor on Demand, discounts on gym memberships, fitness
equipment, ID Theft Protection, Be Well 24/7
- Discount Programs on Verizon Wireless and hotel, theme park
tickets, electronics, appliances, apparel, and more!
- LPN & RN Tuition Assistance Program
- LPN &RN Board Funding
- Continuing Education (CE)
- Online Training
- Advancement & Transfer Opportunities
- CNA Training Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Veteran's Day Pay for Veterans
- Years of Service Recognition Program
Care Initiatives has implemented its Employee and Provider
SARS-CoV-2 ("COVID-19") Vaccine Policy pursuant to recent federal
regulation, which requires all employees to have either their first
dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or submit a medical or religious
exemption request by February 14, 2022. If you have received at
least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, please be prepared to provide
proof of vaccination upon hire. If you would like to submit a
medical or religious exemption request, the appropriate forms will
be provided to you upon hire.
EOE / AAP Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Heritage Specialty Care - Cedar Rapids, Cedar Rapids , Director Of Nursing, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!