CMA or LPN - NEW Express Clinic (Part-time)
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:UnityPoint Express ClinicNEW Location: 151 Collins Road
NE, Cedar RapidsPT Hours: Two 12 hour shifts (8am-8pm) M-F and
every third weekend. Required to work 1 Winter holiday and 1 Summer
holiday.$500 Sign on bonus!Be a part of our NEW Express Clinic
Team!! Clinic will open Spring 2021, filling spots
NOW!!Responsibilities:The Clinical Care Attendant is responsible
for assisting the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician
Assistant (collectively "Provider") with front office and back
office duties in the outpatient management of patients on a
rotating basis. This position is a vital part of the office team
that cares for patients in the clinic setting working under the
direction of a Provider and working closely with the Provider,
other clinical staff, and direct patient care. Additionally, the
Clinical Care Attendant is responsible for a variety of clerical
and clinical functions within a clinic setting requiring knowledge
and integration of available standards, resources, and data;
discretion; good judgment; diplomacy; decision making; and a strong
customer service attitude. Acting as the patient advocate, the
Clinical Care Attendant has continuous contact with Providers,
patients, patient families/ significant others, community agencies,
and patient care staff and management.Clinical Excellence/Patient
- Perform and/or assist clinical procedures consistent with
training and licensure under supervision of Provider in exam suite.
Greet and welcome patients immediately upon arrival to the clinic.
Escort back to exam suite. Complete patient registration and
associated paperwork or assist in on-line registration as needed,
based on patient need, ability and desire. Escort and check out
upon completion of visit and assist patient with completion of
patient satisfaction survey if needed at the time of check out.
- Obtain patients review of systems and history, measure vital
signs, including but not limited to weight, blood pressure, pulse,
temperature, and complete all necessary documentation in patient's
chart and consistent with clinical protocol.
- Offer patient convenience items (water, coffee, tea, warm
blankets, etc.), to ensure patient is comfortable in exam suite
- Follow symptom initiated protocols in place for clinic
operation. Perform labs as ordered/instructed either by protocols
or provider direction.
- If clinic offers Aidarex, offer this option to patients and
perform administration of prescription as directed by provider.
- Review after visit summary and provide instructions to patient
as instructed by Provider.
- Call all patients back 48-72 hours post clinic visit to perform
mandatory follow up phone call.
- Consistent with UPC policy and as directed by Provider call
patient with results reporting in a professional and courteous
manner consistent with training and licensure.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies,
maintain instruments, and sterilize as required.
- Take, relay, and process messages from patient, Provider,
pharmacy consistent with training and licensure.
- Consistent with UPC policy maintain all logs and required
checks (e.g., refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications,
expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change,
etc.).75 %Employee Development
- Maintain UPC and department policies, procedures and
objectives; performs functions other than described due to
- May serve other departments as assigned.
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the
organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading
emails and regularly checking information on the organization's
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and
HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service
by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Perform all duties consistent with training and licensure.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Manager to
facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.15
%Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of
Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with
regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications
required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and
other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements
within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance
requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g.
Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any
questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate
attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate
action on concerns reported by department staff related to
compliance.10%Qualifications:Minimum RequirementsPreferred or
SpecializedNot required to perform the essential functions of the
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants or
completion of an accredited EMT course or,
- Graduate of an accredited program for RN/LPN license with
associate's degree or,
- Completed Nationally Accredited Paramedic Program at the
Certificate or Associates Degree Level.Experience:Two years'
experience in a Family Practice setting, Urgent Care, or related
- Current CMA certification for Certified Medical Assistant from
AAMA, NCCT, AMT or NHA or EMT certification.
- Current Paramedic Certification and/or License as required by
the State of Iowa/Illinois or,
- Current Iowa or Illinois RN/LPN license.
- Valid driver's license when driving any vehicle for
- BLS and Mandatory ReporterKnowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of Urgent Care medical specialty.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of health system EMR.
- Requires clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary
to plan and evaluate patient care.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure
timely patient flow.
- Creative thinking; analytical, problem-solving, and
decision-making abilities; self-direction, theoretical
implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong interpersonal skills including exceptional customer
service and phone etiquette.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to direct others and to exercise judgment in problem
situations.Other:Use of usual and customary equipment used to
perform essential functions of the position.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Cedar Rapids , CMA or LPN - NEW Express Clinic (Part-time), Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!