RN II - Specialty Pool- Critical Care Float Pool
Company: Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 8, 2021
This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered
care by being a competent, respectful, and compassionate
professional who is able to safely, appropriately, accurately,
efficiently and independently follow Mercy's standards along with
policies and procedures while caring for patients. The Registered
Staff Nurse works with the unit specific team members to identify
clinical problems, develop a plan, and educate patients and
- Ensures that accurate and clinically relevant information is
communicated with patients, their families, and co-workers at hand
offs and other times as needed. Take all measures necessary to
ensure that the appropriate and involved parties have communicated
necessary information in order to allow for the best possible
- Demonstrates competent assessment, planning, intervention,
coordination and evaluation skills based on the individual patient
plan of care.
- Continually assesses patient and family needs in order to
provide quality care based on a patient centered care model.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and judgment necessary to
implement a patient plan of care, nursing interventions and
- Maintains accurate and real time documentation of nursing care
provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the
healthcare team, according to hospital policy and procedure related
to documentation parameters.
- Functions as a role model for current and new staff by creating
a healthy work environment to facilitate the department's or unit's
ability to meet identified goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitor and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Directs other licensed and non-licensed personnel in the
provision of care to patients as assigned.
- Demonstrate effective and age appropriate communication as well
as the ability to understand the needs of the patient including
non-verbal communication, fears, anxieties and language/cultural
- Responds within scope of practice to emergencies and life
- Adheres to and promotes patient safety practices throughout the
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with all members of
the healthcare team.
- Provides ongoing education to patients and families.
- Delegates to other staff registered nurse, licensed practical
nurses, certified nursing assistants, patient care technicians,
unit secretaries, and other staff positions specific to the
- Required to float outside of their core units during times of
critical staffing. Failure to comply with this job duty will result
in an unscheduled absence.Department Specific Duties
- Maintains skills and competencies from each Unit in the
Critical Care Pool annually.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound background in basic nursing principles and
- Demonstrates competency in unit specific skills.
- Demonstrates ability to provide safe and effective basic
- Role Models exemplary customer service skills including verbal
and non-verbal skills and proper phone etiquette.
- Creates a welcoming environment for all healthcare team
- Committed to ongoing self-development and learning.
- Professional Experience
- Experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state
of Iowa or compact state required.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), in
accordance with the American Heart Association required.
- Current certification in Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS),
in accordance with the American Heart Association required.
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse & Iowa Child Abuse Mandatory
Reporter Training required. Employee must submit certification of
completed training to Human Resources prior to start or transfer
date.Location: Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids -- Critical Care
Float PoolSchedule: Full Time, Evening/Night, Every third
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids, Cedar Rapids , RN II - Specialty Pool- Critical Care Float Pool, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!