RN - Charge Nurse - Part-Time
Company: Heritage Specialty Care - Cedar Rapids
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 7, 2021
:Join Heritage Specialty Care-NOW HIRING RN's:Registered Nurse
positions are available for all experience levels and we welcome
new college grads!Join the team at Heritage Specialty Care of SW
Cedar Rapids is a post-acute, long-term, and memory care facility
where our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality care
for Iowans in their life's health transitions.:We are hiring for
Full-time and Part-time RN positions on all shifts.:If you are
seeking a rewarding position with a quality care facility lead by
new management and where you will be part of a great team working
environment, apply and complete online application at
www.careinitiatives.org:Heritage Specialty Care offers competitive
wages and a number of generous employee benefits.:**New Increased
Starting Wages**Shift differential**Bonus Pay for shifts**Generous
sign-on bonus AND employee Referral bonuses**Tuition Assistance and
scheduling**Health/Dental/Vision/Disability Plans for FT
positions**Retirement PlanAnd More---:GROW YOUR CAREER WITH
US!Apply Today!:Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse,
Nurse, Cedar Rapids, Heritage, Care Initiatives, Iowa, Nursing
Home, Skilled Nursing, Long-Term Care, Nurse, RN jobs, Nurse
jobsPurpose:Under general supervision of the Director of Nursing or
Nurse Supervisor, the Charge Nurse directs the provision of
resident care services for a particular shift and/or unit and
supervises the nursing staff assigned to that unit/shift, with
responsibility and accountability for assuring that quality nursing
care and service to facility residents/families, compliance with
applicable laws and regulations, and adherence to company
policy/procedure occur on that unit/shift. Performs direct nursing
services to residents, in accordance with individual plans of care
and physicians' orders. Technical assistance, professional
guidance, and quality monitoring are provided by administrator,
director of nursing, regional consultants, and other nursing
professionals on staff, Medical Director.Qualifications:
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an
RN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Current, valid CPR Certification.
- Knowledge of federal and state long-term care regulations and
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accuratelyEssential
- Follow established standards of nursing practices and implement
facility policies and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for unit/shift staff compliance with
rules, regulations, standards of practice and facility policy and
procedure; assure that residents receive needed nursing care and
services on that shift, according to plans of care and physicians'
- Interpret existing policies and procedures, rules and
regulations to nursing assistants, restorative nursing assistants,
residents, families, physicians and agency personnel.
- Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care and initiate
corrective action as necessary.
- Document resident care provided and resident's response or lack
of response to care provided.
- Obtain report from nurse being relieved and record sufficient
information to implement appropriate follow-up action as
- Provide report to nurse coming on duty, including sufficient
information for follow-up action as necessary.
- Take appropriate action to assure adequate staffing to meet
- Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to nursing
supervisor and initiating corrective action.
- Identify resident problems and emergency situation and initiate
emergency care and "life-saving" measures in the absence of a
- Provide supervision to Nursing Assistant providing direct
- Follow staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments
according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the
- Plan daily work assignments and schedule based on residents'
needs and available resources, effectively communicate to
unit/shift staff, DON, ADON, and staffing clerk, and monitors staff
compliance with assignments and schedule.
- Check meal trays and nourishment to ensure proper diet is
served and residents are assisted as necessary.
- Supervise the application and removal of all restraints and
devices used to position and enable residents to function as
independently as possible.
- Order, receive and store medications appropriately.
- Monitor/control administration of medications according to
applicable regulations.Delegation of Authority:Authority is
delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Take appropriate action to assure adequate staffing to provide
- Supervise and assess resident care and take appropriate
- Implement facility procedures to provide resident care.Position
reports to: Director of Nursing or Nursing SupervisorPosition
Supervises: CNA's, CMA's, Non-CNA's, LPN's and other nursing staff
as applicableEOE / AAP Veterans Disabled
Keywords: Heritage Specialty Care - Cedar Rapids, Cedar Rapids , RN - Charge Nurse - Part-Time, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!