Director of Nursing
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Director of Nursing United States Cedar Rapids IA 52411 Remember
why you became a nurse in the first place?-- Come work where you
can spend more time making a difference.-- -- -- Opportunity
overview-- We are an Agemark Senior Living community ranked #10
with Great Places to Work, and looking for a Director of Nursing
for our memory care community in Cedar Rapids, IA. In this
position, you---ll be responsible to assure quality, continuity and
appropriateness of care provided by providing direction to wellness
staff and communicating with residents, families and staff to
assure quality care.-- --In this Director of Nursing position,
you'll be responsible for developing and overseeing the
implementation of resident service plans to comply with doctor
orders and meet health care needs, and assure quality, continuity
and appropriateness of care provided. -- We're more than a company.
We're a family. You hear it everywhere - companies describing
themselves as a family. But families are all different, and so is
the way they look at work and life. This is what makes us
the--best--kind of family. ---We recognize each person's talents,
skills and personality and bring that into their position. We
encourage people to become the--best they can be and hold them to
high standards. That's because we believe in them, and their
success. These family ties, so to speak, are part of every decision
we make as a company. We don't just work together - we laugh, eat
and learn together as a staff and with our residents! We believe
that every day can be a good one, for both employees and residents.
Dedicated to this philosophy for more than 30 years, we've learned
that the secret to everything - working, celebrating and even
getting through the tough stuff - is doing it with love. By working
to create the kind of community we would want for our own loved
ones, where warmth, love and respect are abundant, we also create a
unique, positive and caring workplace. Feeling valuable, special
and loved isn't just a goal for our residents. It's how we want
everyone to experience our community.
Director of Nursing position details:
- Develop and oversee implementation of resident service plans to
comply with doctor orders and meet health care needs.-- Assure
quality, continuity and appropriateness of care provided.
- Review and update service plans according to State
- Supervise the performance of individual nursing services.
- Implement wellness program to maximize health through education
and preventative care.
- Provide direction and monitoring of Medication Aides.
- work with Family Service Coordinator, assess prospective
residents to determine care needs and appropriateness for
residency.-- Coordinate Wellness Services procedures to admit new
- Train and orientate staff concerning Wellness Services
functions and procedures as directed; provide staff
- Identify at-risk residents and help create risk management
- Communicate with residents, families, staff, physicians and
other health care providers regarding resident health issues and
- Facilitate alternative placement or supplemental care when
- Oversee medication setup and delivery system.
- Respond to resident emergency calls as needed; review and
document emergency call responses.
- Assist Community Director in developing annual Wellness
Services budget and operate within monthly budget and make special
purchases with approval.
- Ensure safe, secure storage of all medications, supplies, and
- Provide direction and monitoring of Medication Aides and
Resident Assistants, and others as assigned by Director.
- Assure accurate documentation and timely submission of services
provided for resident billing.
- Manage and supervise other Wellness Services staff.
- Set annual goals and assess quarterly, if required.
- Oversee all Resident Care being provided.
- Issue nursing or clinical orders, based on the needs of the
- Review the assisted living manager---s assessment of
- Oversee appropriate delegation of nursing tasks.
- Notify OHCQ if the contract or employment with the assisted
living program is terminated and the reason for termination.
Director of Nursing knowledge, skills and abilities needed:--
- Proficient knowledge of medication, dosage and
- Understand medication side effects and health factors in
- Proven track record of integrity, leadership, teamwork, and
commitment to work.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving
- Proficient computer skills with MS O365.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate
- Assist residents live safely and with dignity; encourage
independence and healthy choices.
- Evaluate resident condition for changes or symptoms.
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information
pertaining to residents, prospective residents, facility operations
- Work independently and/or interact with team members at all
levels and promote teamwork
- Aptitude to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in
a fast paced, service oriented environment.
Director of Nursing Education and Experience:--
- Registered Nurse degree
- Licensed for appropriate state
- 1 year working with seniors preferred
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred -- Come on, join the
family! If you'd like to join a group of passionate, caring people
who use our collective experiences to positively impact the lives
of our people every day, talk to us! Together, we're working to
redefine what senior care should be. Learn more at , or just click
"Apply Now" to get started EOE. -- Care, serve and love - because
there's no other way to take care of family. -- --
Keywords: Agemark, Cedar Rapids , Director of Nursing, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!