IT Program Manager
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Job Description Summary
Top level project manager, providing project and program
management, delivery assurance and consulting, health checks and
related guidance for key programs and projects. Responsible for
leading all aspects of strategically important, complex global
programs and projects that span business units. Provides direction
in setting goals and performance of the program including project
planning, execution, functionality, quality, cost, staffing and
resource allocation. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to
direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure program goals and
requirements are met. Responsible for cross-project management of
work streams that are interdependent or common across the various
projects within in a program.
- All aspects of program and project management for strategically
- Assisting with PMO governance duties, including reporting,
threshold assessments and assessing and monitoring health of key
- Provide consulting and expert guidance on all phases of program
and project delivery, including business case development,
financial impact analysis, project scoping, risk assessment,
monitoring and delivery.
- Manage major program initiatives; assist management in defining
the strategic plans for programs that align with business goals and
objectives. Manages interdependencies and common critical path
milestones across the projects, facilitating risk management, issue
escalation/resolution, scope change and implementation
- Manage one or more large and complex projects with
responsibility for meeting scope, timeline, budget, and quality
commitments. Directs decision making, communications, problem
resolution, and other associated activities during all phases of
large and complex projects using a proactive and positive
- Provides delivery assurance and health checks for strategic and
key initiatives by assessing all aspects from project direction and
scope through implementation (including business case,
requirements, risk, change management and project
- Designs and implements program and project organizational
structures that are cost effective and efficient.
- Develops business case documentation, including cost benefit
analysis and/or return on investment analysis.
- Promotes formal communication methods and establishes open and
consistent communication with all levels within the organization
(including project teams, stakeholders, management, and other
Global IT Office functions). Defines and directs formal
communication methods and establish open and consistent
communication with all levels within the organization.
- Provides status reports and facilitates inter-program
- Provides appropriate progress updates to management, steering
committees, project boards and other stakeholders, using both
formal and informal channels.
- Responsible for consulting, directing, mentoring, and checking
the work of other project management professionals. Directs
activities of multiple project managers responsible for individual
projects within a program; holds teams accountable for meeting
goals and objectives.
- Identifies and leads program and project process improvement
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and
communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to
this position, as are the ability to successfully adapt to diverse
people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues,
and strong time management.
- Developed skills in leadership, relationship building,
negotiation and influence, and facilitation techniques.
- Effectively interact with staff and management at all levels,
including C-level executives.
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and
principles, and relies on strong technical and analytical
- Serve in a mentoring and leadership role, and must be able to
influence without direct organizational authority.
- Bachelors degree in a business related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years experience with at least 5 years experience
managing complex multi-system and/or multiple department
- Good understanding of the insurance and financial services
- Expert level skills relating to project management theory,
tools and practice
- Ability to speak multiple languages may be helpful
- PMP or Prince 2 certification
- Normal office environment
- Some international travel required
- May require flexible hours to accommodate global project
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , IT Program Manager, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!