Regional Development Director
Company: Thrivent Financial
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Summary-- -- ------ -- -- -- --Job Description-- -- -- -- ----The
Successful Regional Development Director:
- Grows his/her market by attracting high quality, diverse talent
into financial professional (FP) roles
- Ensures new FPs are given the tools, resources and knowledge
needed in order to be successful in their new roleAttract, Recruit
and Select Diverse Talent
- Create and implement a recruiting strategy to grow capacity by
attracting and cultivating quality, diverse FP candidates in focus
- Execute a plan to recruit quality talent by spending focused
time developing trusting relationships within broad and diverse
networks, leveraging centers of influence and obtaining referrals
from FPs for quality, diverse talent
- Partner with other Thrivent leaders/key stakeholders to develop
- Collaborate with assigned recruiter and leverage his/her
expertise in recruiting and selection systems.
- Actively manage a pipeline of high quality, diverse
- Conduct selection interviews and assess candidates for high
probability for success.
- Create followership by demonstrating enthusiasm for the career
and for Thrivent and by caring about the success of others.Develop
New FPs and Support the Launch of New FP Practices
- Demonstrate mastery of the Thrivent Financial Advice Process
(Connecting with members, data gathering, case analysis, acting and
asking for referrals) and be able to model and coach on all
- Conduct high levels of joint field work (approx. 3 days per
week) as scheduled by new FPs to observe and offer feedback and
help with case prep as needed.
- Demonstrate, model and coach on the use of Salesforce and other
Thrivent tools (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc.) during the sales
- Be available to FPs to develop their goals and conduct meetings
with new FPs to discuss progress toward their goals, analyze
what---s working and not working and ways to overcome challenges
- Be available to FPs to develop/execute a marketing plan to
achieve their goals that leverage relationships within their
natural market, referrals and communities.--Collaborate with Others
- Inform and communicate with leadership team regarding FP (new
and vet) progress toward goals and success.
- Facilitate connections between new FPs and vet FPs to provide
additional joint field work experiences or practice experiences for
- Connect with corporate resources to stay informed of best
practices or changes that directly impact recruiting, launch and
- Demonstrate ability to use technology effectively with FPs to
assist in coaching and training
- Build a plan with the Community Engagement team and others to
develop and implement a plan to grow the region, and identify
communities or congregations within the region on which to focus,
using generosity and other marketing programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders within the
Christian Community and centers of influence.Manages Region
- Engages in business planning to set strategy for region and to
determine how to meet goals
- Provides leadership and coaching to region team
- Develops a healthy culture within the region, enabling good
results and ensuring a culture of excellence in the region
- Work with the Community Engagement team and others to develop
and implement a growth plan, and identify key markets on which to
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders within the
Christian Community and centers of influence.Characteristics of
- Drives for Results: strives for success, and takes ownership of
- Passionate about Attracting and Developing-- Others: passionate
and enthusiastic about attracting and developing others; gains
professional satisfaction from the success of others and being a
source of help
- Adaptable: flexible, agile and amenable
- Courageous: willingness to take risks and do what needs to be
done to grow individuals and the zone
- Credible: Seen as an expert in what it takes to be a successful
FP, both in sales process/methods and systems/technology
Leadership CompetenciesModel the Thrivent Way
- Demonstrate alignment to decisions, and consistently follow
- Build trust and credibility through competence.
- Consistently champion, model, and demand uncompromising
commitment to values and The Thrivent Way.Build Relationships
- Model and promote an environment of respect for people of all
backgrounds and perspectives, regardless of their role, level, or
if their perspective differs from your own.
- Build collaborative relationships within and across teams.
- Model collaboration and ensure all team members participate
fully; help others understand that alignment (vs. consensus) is
- Be forthright and respectful when giving and receiving
- Adapt communication style as needed.
- Address and resolve conflict in an open and honest
- Remain flexible and open to new ideas and ambiguity, and
encourage others to value change.
- Encourage new processes, systems, and technologies to better
meet the needs of Thrivent and those we serve.
- Demonstrate support and excitement for change.
- When change is needed, help others understand why and how their
work fits in with the vision for change.
- Ensure team goals and processes are aligned with Thrivent as a
whole.Make Sound Decisions
- Do what is right for our mission.
- Identify and focus your team on mission-critical strategies
through the right business drivers.
- Use appropriate metrics and analysis to ensure the team is
focused on the right business metrics.
- Ensure team members consider multiple factors when making
decisions and creating solutions.Drive Results
- Clarify and model priorities and behaviors that support
initiatives and objectives.
- Help others understand expectations and timelines, effectively
deploy resources, and ensure others have what they need to achieve
- Make and keep commitments to achieve desired priorities, and
hold your team and self, accountable for them. --
- Drive to meet goals and deliver results.
- Continually evaluate your team's performance against critical
business metrics; intervene to coach and address issues.Grow Talent
- Be a continuous learner, stay relevant, and actively seek
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Continuously enhance team capability through diverse talent
recruiting and selection and by providing coaching and development
support to direct reports.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback.Minimum Requirements:
- Demonstrated track record of solid sales results (i.e. L/H/A,
- Experience in using the Thrivent Financial Advice Process,
Salesforce and other Thrivent tools and systems (i.e. CAP,
Illustrations, etc.) and ability and willingness to model, promote
and demonstrate usage of tools as needed.
- Previous experience in attracting others.
- Will and skill to commit to joint field work expectations.
- Experience in leading groups, specifically in presenting and
facilitating to drive understanding of concepts and practices that
lead to new FP success.
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90
- State insurance licensed and appointed in life, health and
variable lines of authority or attained within 90 days.
- State securities registered and insurance licensed and
appointed in all states that comprise the RFO area.
- Once FPs are assigned to this position, this position will
require securities registrations, state insurance licenses and
appointments in all states where FPs are conducting business and
- Satisfactory background check and clean compliance record.
- Flexibility to travel within the region (may include overnight)
and conduct business during evening hours.
- Must have own automobile to use for business purposes.Strongly
- Four year college degree strongly preferred.
- Professional designation or history of significant progress
toward achievement preferred.Key Dependencies and Relationships:
- Regional Leadership Team; vet FPs; new FPs; RFO staff;
corporate recruiting, launch and practice management teams.You
don---t need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the
passion to guide our members on their Wise With Money Journey,
equipping them to live more content, confident and generous lives.
Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex,
genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by
applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all
employees and job applicants.-- -- -- -- -- -- ----
Keywords: Thrivent Financial, Cedar Rapids , Regional Development Director, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!