Senior Director Supply Chain Regional Operations
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job DescriptionThe Sr. Director of Supply Chain Regional Operations
is responsible for leading multiple sites in Nordstrom's network.
This role provides strategic direction, coaching and mentoring to
key site leaders, and ensures the successful implementation of
company-wide initiatives to support the Company's long-term goals.
This person will also play a critical role in developing and
delivering on cost reductions, key programs and capital projects
affecting the buildings. Reporting to the SVP, Supply Chain
Operations, this position directly manages multiple fulfillment and
distribution centers that are in the process of transitioning to
omni channel hubs. This role will lead to instill a culture of
Safety and Lean, Problem solving mentality across the sites, with a
focus on Continuous Improvement and expansion of Operations'
Quality capabilities. Developing the team to create a strong
culture of growth and learning is critical to the role-reinforcing
Nordstrom's position in the community as the employer of
This is a leadership position that requires a combination of focus
and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active role in
the management of our supply chain network. The role requires a
highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence,
self-motivation and an understanding of how to drive effectiveness
and efficiency at scale. This role will be based out of one of our
sites and travel to sites in the region (approx. 50%) is
A day in the life...
- Strategic in nature - responsible for the success of 4-7 sites
in the region. This level of management takes a leading, deciding,
driving and integrating approach to managing the
organization-establishing a set of common objectives and shared
- Responsible for holding GMs accountable on total facility
performance to achieve our customer promise through goals of
safety, team and results
- Guide and mentor GMs and Operations leaders to build and engage
productive teams in support of the Nordstrom competencies
- Proactively drive succession planning within the network
- Responsible for identifying best in class practices and driving
continuous improvements and implementing network process
- Drives training and development of managers and employees at a
network level-including partnering with key support functions to
ensure short and long-term plans are defined and executed
- Drives effective communication across the region to ensure
alignment on goals and key initiatives, including leading change
management and adoption across teams
- Participates as key stakeholder in network level process,
capital or other improvement projects; serves as a subject matter
expert on network-wide improvement/efficiency programs
- Partners with Seattle/Corporate teams as necessary to make
recommendations that involve resource allocation and competing
- Responsible for achieving defined operational metrics
- Hold sites accountable on Safety, Quality, Lean (Continuous
Improvements) and Cost initiatives (Balanced Scorecard)
- Lead and promote LEAN/Continuous Improvement culture across all
production areas to ensure continuous improvement in processes and
You own this if you have---
- A minimum of 15 years of Supply Chain leadership experience in
Fulfillment or similar environment.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate-level degree in related
- Proven track record of leading multi-site operations and
leading/supporting over 2,500+ employees
- Demonstrated capability in managing large teams remotely, in
verbal and written communications skills and in creating effective
relationships to influence and collaborate.
- Prior experience in implementing and leading/sponsoring Lean
initiatives as part of continuous improvements
- Strong belief and experience in data-driven decision
- Proven ability to build effective teams and lead through
influence and collaboration
- Ability to develop reliable, cost effective systems and
- Demonstrated success at identifying, developing and retaining
- East Coast position is based in one of our East Coast
facilities (Elizabethtown, PA; Upper Marlboro, MD; or Cedar Rapids,
We've got you covered---
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in
our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to
support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and
requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be
additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or
accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which
can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
-- 2018 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the
Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Keywords: Nordstrom, Cedar Rapids , Senior Director Supply Chain Regional Operations, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!