Technical Project Manager
Company: Rockwell Collins
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Requisition ID: 16538 At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE. Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today. We are currently searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.Job Summary This position will expose the candidate to the full program life cycle starting from pursuit capture, customer relations through development and delivery in a short period of time.Job Responsibilities
- Take ownership of technical pursuit activities, and technical project execution through Design & Development activities into Production.
- Lead project and bid activities, provide technical guidance, and motivate multi-disciplinary engineering teams ensuring collaboration of Engineering and Production activities.
- Coordinate project staffing with Engineering Management and provide timely forecasts of staffing demand.
- Perform Risks & Opportunities Management activities throughout project execution.
- Responsible for overall Financial performance of Engineering activities on project.
- Track, report, and analyze project health metrics, to include Earned Value, Requirements, Test Burndown, Software/Hardware Discovery and Quality.
- Present project status to multiple levels of Leadership.
- Support internal and external stakeholders as the primary technical point of contact.
- Support Pursuit & Order capture activities including bidding & estimation efforts for new projects. This will include activities such as proposal response, development of the work breakdown structure and statement of work, support technical design approach, and creation of project schedule.
- Evaluate & document current (and define future) architectures to solve business problems.
- Be the primary technical point of contact to external customers.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- US Citizen required.
- Ability to obtain US DoD Security Clearance
- Experience in software, hardware, or systems engineering disciplines enabling effective technical leadership during pursuit, capture, and execution of programs.
- Project management experience, such as planning and tracking projects, performing to a schedule and cost plan, and reporting to leadership. Key skills for success:
- Strong collaboration skills that facilitate effective communication with team of Systems, Hardware and Software engineers, in order to make sound engineering decisions.
- Must be able to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral forms.
- Make objective and data driven decisions in a timely manner that are in the best interest of the team.
- Effective time management skills to meet challenging timelines.
- Excellent problem solving, data analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project.
- Positive attitude that is adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Ability to work with remote sites and team members; build relationships with global engineering team. Desired Requirements:
- Experience leading engineering tasks for bid proposals.
- Experience leading projects in a Agile Development Model.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools, including JIRA.
- Ability to travel to customer and suppliers sites, an average of 3 or 4 one week trips/yr. At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day. Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids , Technical Project Manager, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!