Director, Program Management
Company: Rockwell Collins
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Requisition ID: 15582 At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.Job SummaryResponsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms and conditions of contract. Manages a global network of -100 business and engineering professionals responsible for the execution of US and international programs and projects. Job Responsibilities
- Develop strategic planning for enterprise and organizational development initiatives: Talent Management; Performance Management; Change Management; Training; Organizational Design; Integration of Acquisitions.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects: Direct all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion.
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Responsible for specific business areas, such as all programs under a customer, or multiple customers under a product line.
- Responsible for the development and marketing of test equipment solutions sold into governmental markets
- Involved with customers at different levels in the community.
- Interact with subcontractors and suppliers concerning strategic planning, team agreements, associations, etc.
- Responsible for the decision point process, including assessment of ideas for production and support of entire life cycle.
- Coordinate responsibilities with other functional areas in Collins.
- Budgetary responsibilities.Basic QualificationsBachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.--And that---s just for starters.--Some of our competitive benefits package includes:--
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more--Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!--Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer.--All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender,--sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids , Director, Program Management, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!