Frozen Department Manager
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Frozen Department Manager page is loaded Frozen Department
Manager Apply locations Coralville #2, Crosspark Road, Coralville,
IA time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition
id R73646 At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a
helpful smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.Job Description:Job Title: Frozen Foods
Department ManagerDepartment: Frozen FoodsFLSA: Non-ExemptGeneral
Function:Sets the department standards for customer service,
employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional
appearance and overall profitability. Presents the freshest and
best quality product at a competitive retail price.Core
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- ProfessionalismReporting Relations:Accountable and Reports to:
District Store Director; Store Manager; Assistant Managers of Store
Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness HomePositions that
Report to you: Department EmployeesPrimary Duties and
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a
friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to
customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to
customers and sets a good example.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, disciplines, and evaluates
all department employees.
- Determines department goals with store director.
- Determines weekly work schedule and establishes a daily work
plan for the department.
- Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of
merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
- Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas.
- Handles and satisfies customer issues.
- Figures retail pricing and ensures correct pricing.
- Extends invoices, posts invoices, and oversees department
- Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to
actuals, prepares ad projections, and writes ads.
- Conducts inventory of the department.
- Plans displays, promotions, and determines pre-orders.
- Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are
maintained to guarantee freshness and control shrink of
- Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Ensures pricing is competitive in the market area.
- Attends meetings and seminars and participates in continuing
- Fills displays, checks in delivered merchandise, and works in
the sales area.
- Unloads trucks, places product in appropriate storage area, and
- Performs departmental duties as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
- Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others.
- Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates
personnel, acts on employee problems, and selects new
- Has the authority to approve employee discipline.
- Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge,
and salary increases.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy
data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic
information; guide people and provide basic direction.Education and
Experience:High school diploma or over one year of related work
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently,
and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
repetitive motions.Working Conditions:This position is frequently
exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. There is possible
equipment movement hazards, electrical shock, and exposure to
cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work
environment.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Telephone, fax, copier,
cash register, intercom system, wrapping machine, pallet jacks,
forklift, garbage disposal, trash compactor, cardboard compactor,
box cutter, knives, computer, calculator, and C.A.R.S. reordering
systemFinancial Responsibility:Responsible for company assets,
including equipment and merchandise.Contacts:Daily contact with
customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and the general public.
Occasional contact with local, federal or state regulatory agencies
regarding inspections.Confidentiality:Has access to confidential
information including, employee compensation, monthly results,
quarterly inventory reports, sales and profit sheets, and warehouse
pricing.Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Cedar Rapids , Frozen Department Manager, Executive , Coralville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...