Company: Marion Process Solutions
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Position: Engineering ManagerDepartment: EngineeringPosition
Type: Full TimeStatus: ExemptReports To: Senior VP of
EngineeringJob SummaryThe Engineering Manager is a key member of
AMP engineering team and directly reports to the Senior Vice
President of Engineering and Operations. He/She is responsible for
engineering of the Marion product line as well as laboratory
testing for the AMP platform of companies. Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesYes; Engineering and Test LabKey Responsibilities
and Essential Functions
- Build, develop and lead engineering team capable of carrying
out needed initiatives to meet AMP performance targets. Continues
to automate, streamline, and optimize the production engineering
process to reduce errors and increase throughput of the team.
- Maintains industry-leading quality and safety standards.
Integrates latest safety features, controls schemes and production
methods into equipment designs while maintaining
- Leads the development of a best-in-class engineering
organization through compilation, creation and systematic
implementation of engineering design and production standards.
- Continually improving product designs by seeking input from
Production, Sales and Engineering team to implement best in class
production techniques and processes.
- Ensures the team serves as a technical resource for our
customers, applies engineering principles, product knowledge and
practical experience to make customer recommendations. Supports
Sales by creating sales drawings and engineering designs as
necessary to meet customer application requirements.
- Provides engineering support for the production floor. Assists
in selecting equipment to improve production techniques, insource
fabrication activities or eliminate quality issues. Aids in
troubleshooting equipment that isn't functioning properly and makes
recommendations for resolution.
- Oversees all AMP site testing activities, ensures an excellent
customer experience, assists in the development of materials,
testing concepts and validation protocols for customer
- Other duties as assigned Required Skills/ Abilities / Traits
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to make sound decisions and seek buy-in from
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities with
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting and
problem-solving skills. Required Education and Experience
- 4 Year Technical degree preferred or a minimum of 5 years of
experience in a technical role
- Knowledge and/or experience with CAD design, 3D modeling,
Electrical and pneumatic control devices, Bill of material
- Solidworks 2 - 3+ years' experience Physical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers,
handle or feel, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Regularly lift up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Must comply with corporate requirements for confidentiality and
- 10% travel possible Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and/or activities may change at
any time with or without notice.This Job Description or any other
document should not be construed in any manner as a contract of
employment. AMP maintains an employment at will relationship with
its employee. This means that both you and the employer retain the
right to terminate this relationship at any time for any
reason.About Us:ADVANCED MATERIAL PROCESSING -
amprocessing.comAdvanced Material Processing, AMP is a newer
platform company for May River Capital (May River), a Chicago-based
private equity firm focused on lower middle market industrial
growth companies. Focusing on material processing, AMP combines
industry leading, complementary material processing equipment
manufacturers to advance engineering capabilities for customers.
AMP, comprised of Kason Corporation and Marion Process Solutions,
focuses on sectors like food and beverage, pharmaceutical,
nutraceutical and chemical, as well as emerging markets like
nutraceuticals [ex. cannabis > CBD oils]. KASON CORPORATION -
kason.comKason has more than 50 years of experience as a global
leader in designing and manufacturing screening, drying, cooling
and processing equipment and systems for bulk solid materials and
slurries for food, with worldwide compliance with the most
stringent safety, quality and sanitary standards and regulations.
The company is headquartered in Millburn, NJ with offices in Canada
and the U.K as well as a global network of sales reps. The company
serves a range of industries including food, pharmaceutical,
chemical, plastic, energy, minerals, aerospace and defense. MARION
PROCESS SOLUTIONS - marionsolutions.comFounded in 1938, Marion
Process Solutions is dedicated to delivering custom-manufactured
processing solutions to companies in the food, nutraceutical,
mineral, plastic, chemical and biomass industries. With process
solutions in over 75 countries on six continents, serving hundreds
of global Fortune 1000 companies, the Marion brand serves as the
standard of excellence in the material handling industry. BENEFITS
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Gain Sharing PI201894750
Keywords: Marion Process Solutions, Cedar Rapids , Engineering Manager, Executive , Marion, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!