Fast and Fresh Manager
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Job Title: * Fast and Fresh Manager
*Department: *Fast and Fresh
Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
overall profitability. Presents the best quality product at a
competitive retail price to customers.
* Growth mindset
* Results oriented
* Customer focused
*Reporting Relations: *
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager,
Assistant Manager of; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health
Positions that Report to you: Fast and Fresh Employees
*Primary Duties and Responsibilities*:
* Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
* Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet
and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient
service to customers and sets a good example.
* Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
* Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner.
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include): escorting them to the
products they're looking for, securing products that are out of
reach, loading or unloading heavy item, making note of and passing
along customer suggestions or requests; performing other tasks in
every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
* Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
* Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, disciplines, and evaluates
all department employees.
* Determines department goals with store director.
* Writes department work schedule and establishes a daily work plan
for the department.
* Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of
merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
* Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas. Handles
and satisfies customer issues.
* Figures retail pricing and ensures correct pricing.
* Extends invoices, posts invoices, and oversees department
* Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to
actuals, prepares ad projections, and writes ads.
* Conducts inventory of the department.
* Plans displays, promotions, and determines pre-orders.
* Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are maintained
to guarantee freshness and control shrink of product.
* Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of
*Secondary Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Ensures pricing is competitive in the market area.
* Attends meetings and seminars and participates in continuing
* Fills displays and works in the sales area.
* Unloads trucks, checks in delivered merchandise and places
product in appropriate storage area.
* Performs departmental duties as needed.
* Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
* Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others.
* Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates personnel,
acts on employee problems, and selects new employees.
* Has the authority to approve employee discipline.
* Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge, and
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics: *
* Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
* Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
* Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy
data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic
information; guide people and provide basic direction.
*Education and Experience: *
High School or over one year of related work experience.
*Physical Requirements: *
* Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50
pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and
dampness. There are possible equipment movement hazards, electrical
shock, and exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a
fast paced work environment.
*Equipment Used to Perform Job: *
Telephone, fax, copier, pallet jacks, garbage disposal, trash
compactor, cardboard compactor, box cutter, knives, computer,
calculator, frozen juice machine, coffee maker, cash register,
C.A.R.S. reordering system, and gas pumps.
Responsible for company assets, including equipment and
Daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and the
general public. Occasional contact with local, federal or state
regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including, employee
compensation, monthly results, quarterly inventory reports, sales
and profit sheets, and warehouse pricing.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Vision insurance
* 2 years
* 3 years
* Fast casual restaurant
* Quick service & fast food restaurant
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Cedar Rapids, IA 52404: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Inc., Cedar Rapids , Fast and Fresh Manager, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!